Holiday advice

Just in case anyone is due to head out there shortly...

Greece has extended its ban on direct flights from the UK and Sweden until 15 July.

The decision comes a day before the current ban was due to expire, and two days before the country’s regional airports will open to to international flights on 1 July.

We are looking at doing a day trip to Alhambra as well this time. Have you been, and is it worth it? I love history and am aware Katherine of Aragon had connections to it; just wondering if it's good value.
And have a great holiday ;-)
I went to Granada last year. Phenomenal city, and Alhambra is worth every penny. I could be wrong but I think they have removed the option at Alhambra to queue up on the day, so definitely pre-book.

I found Granada to be very inexpensive generally, perhaps with the exception of accommodation. In many places in Spain, you get given bits of tapas when you buy a drink, sometimes for free, sometimes you pay extra. Never had to pay there, but more importantly it was of genuine quality compared to stuff you often get (obviously dependent on where you go, but more better ones than bad ones). I'd say €3 on average for a glass of beer/wine and a small plate of good quality food.

If you're considering day trips, Cordoba is a great option too. The Mezquita-Catedral is really impressive, and unlike anything else in Europe. Seville, Ronda, Jerez, Cadiz, beyond there. Really nice part of the world.

I went to Granada last year. Phenomenal city, and Alhambra is worth every penny. I could be wrong but I think they have removed the option at Alhambra to queue up on the day, so definitely pre-book.

I found Granada to be very inexpensive generally, perhaps with the exception of accommodation. In many places in Spain, you get given bits of tapas when you buy a drink, sometimes for free, sometimes you pay extra. Never had to pay there, but more importantly it was of genuine quality compared to stuff you often get (obviously dependent on where you go, but more better ones than bad ones). I'd say €3 on average for a glass of beer/wine and a small plate of good quality food.

If you're considering day trips, Cordoba is a great option too. The Mezquita-Catedral is really impressive, and unlike anything else in Europe. Seville, Ronda, Jerez, Cadiz, beyond there. Really nice part of the world.
That's really helpful, thank you ;-)

Anyone planning a visit to Yellowstone, it's presently -2c and snowing...gently mind you

hate hot weather so we’ve got Svalbard booked in October, but that is tempting. Really want to get to Archangel in the winter, wife and I were trying to visit the coldest inhabited towns on earth, this thread talking about going somewhere sunny just doesn’t do it for me at all

hate hot weather so we’ve got Svalbard booked in October, but that is tempting. Really want to get to Archangel in the winter, wife and I were trying to visit the coldest inhabited towns on earth, this thread talking about going somewhere sunny just doesn’t do it for me at all
It get really cold here in the Winter, I've seen it below -40c on several occassions, but just up the road is a little place called 'Island Park'...you might want to consider a visit
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_Park,_Idaho

We are looking at doing a day trip to Alhambra as well this time. Have you been, and is it worth it? I love history and am aware Katherine of Aragon had connections to it; just wondering if it's good value.
And have a great holiday ;-)

For a great veiw of the Alhambra walk up the old moorish (Albaicin) area across the vally from the Alhambra.
The-Alhambra-of-Granada.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.