COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irrelevant as most Scotish cases have been in central Scotland and up the east coast to Dundee and Aberdeen. All of which are equally as densly populated as England.

Well then it's relevant to where the cases aren't if you have a lot more space in rural areas of Scotland.

It is a very sad situation in care homes that needs a thorough examination. The physical design of care homes plus staffing problems probably makes the virus harder to eradicate in care homes but I'm not sure if the situation is any different in Scotland. The claim that lots of patients were being discharged from hospitals into care home without being tested. that was being championed by parts of the media. turned out to be false when investigated. There were some flagrant exceptions to this that were very wrong but that doesn't explain why England continues to have so many outbreaks in care homes

Last edited:
The hospital told me to go to the drs and get an asthma check,the nurse practitioner on the phone just said well that is irresponsible as funny enough we are not doing anything respiratory because I don't fancy people blowing into machines near me at the moment !!

Well then it's relevant to where the cases aren't if you have a lot more space in rural areas of Scotland.

It is a very sad situation in care homes that needs a thorough examination. The physical design of care homes plus staffing problems probably makes the virus harder to eradicate in care homes but I'm not sure if the situation is any different in Scotland. The claim that lots of patients were being discharged from hospitals into care home that was being championed by parts of the media turned out to be false when investigated. There were some flagrant exceptions to this that were very wrong but that doesn't explain why England continues to have so many outbreaks in care homes
Perhaps if a risk assessment for specifically Covid 19 was carried out at all care homes a method statement could be written to protect both patients and staff.
I am of the opinion that care homes have been left to their own devices despite the CV19 risk being assessed in hotels as unacceptable and they were all closed.

Workers are protected by the HSE regs but who protects the patients?

The hospital told me to go to the drs and get an asthma check,the nurse practitioner on the phone just said well that is irresponsible as funny enough we are not doing anything respiratory because I don't fancy people blowing into machines near me at the moment !!
Is that Boris’ fault too?

;-)

Perhaps if a risk assessment for specifically Covid 19 was carried out at all care homes a method statement could be written to protect both patients and staff.
I am of the opinion that care homes have been left to their own devices despite the CV19 risk being assessed in hotels as unacceptable and they were all closed.

Workers are protected by the HSE regs but who protects the patients?

I agree about the risk assessment Silver Fox2. I think when our Covid response is examined one of the criticisms of SAGE and the Government will be that absence of evidence has been treated equivalent to evidence of absence. The assumption IMHO should have been that Covid was in the community as soon as we had the first case in the UK and appropriate action plans should have been implemented.

If she wears the correct ppe she should be fine. Probably more to do with the environment.

If she wears the correct ppe she should be fine. Probably more to do with the environment.
They are not letting hardly anyone in the surgery,every call for any appointment gets a nurse or doctor calling you back to try and sort the problem over the phone,it is not worth the risk to do anything respiratory ,i get that,the PPE thing is weird in the flesh,had it at the vets as well as the hospital

Much better analysis by the posters on this forum of the virus than by the so called professional journalists at the BBC. Fiona Bruce has just announced that there were 25 more deaths in the UK today, but that that figure was always much lower after the weekend. No analysis of the trend. No comparison with the last few weeks. Truly pathetic, just trying anything for a negative headline.

The testing data is certainly important to judge the low number of new cases v the much lower number of new tests yesterday.

By type these were

Daily NHS & PHE 30,656 (that's 10, 198 down on the day before)

Commercial Partner testing 49,054 (that's 19, 270 less than the day before)

Antibody testing 5928 (that is 9001 less than the day before)

Daily surveillance 8243 (that's 4641 MORE than the day before)
Isn’t that good news? There being fewer tests as there are fewer people with symptoms requesting them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.