Lennon or McCartney

Lennon or McCartney

• Total voters
The whole thing had a circa £100m budget of tax payer money (net cost). £8m of that budget went to Paul McCartney. That makes him a ****. That is as much as I know.

That's not true if people paid for tickets to the gig is it?

If there was a £100m budget from the tax payer, then they had £100m plus any money generated by the events.

True story:-

When Paul McCartney was asked to play in Liverpool for the city of culture giggs there was a meeting between him and the leader of the Council. McCartney demanded £8m up front. Council bloke was like WTF - this is a non profit event celebrating the city. PM says last time i did something for the city council i wasn't paid my £5k appearance fee and it still owed, so i'm not doing this until I get my current fee paid up front. There was a massive row and PM did not back down and got his money. Everyone else performed for free or with costs covered by the event.
Doesn't sound like something he would do, he's always been generous with Liverpool project's like his music institute.
Where are you getting this 'true story' from ? Any kind of proof anywhere, or did some bloke down the pub spill the beans. ? Were you privy to the negotiations in some way ?

I do like plenty of the Beatles stuff, particularly the early songs, but they weren't innovators,
they adored, and rightly so, Buddy Holly and Chuck Berry, who were, and their writing
drew influences from them. The Stones drew theirs from the US Bluesmen, and
had no problem covering Howling Wolf, so both bands, although extremely talented,
had a structure drawn from previous artists imo. Of UK songwriters, one of the most
original is Ray Davies, who used observation and whimsy to brilliant effect with the
Kinks, who are my own personal choice, with the Small Faces and the Who.

Did this guy just say that The Beatles weren't innovators?

Perhaps he could enlighten us as to who was the first western band to introduce Indian sounds into their music, or artificial double tracking, backtracking, direct inject, close micing...? Not to mention that they one of (if not the) first band who wrote their own songs? They also came up with very novel chord progressions, plus modal, mixolidian and dorian keys, and unusual time signatures. They created the first concept album.

The Beatles were about as innovative as any band ever. And that's not just George Martin but The Beatles themselves.

Seriously, like what you like; dislike what suits you. But why oh why does everyone have to have an opinion on every subject including ones they know nothing about?

Doesn't sound like something he would do, he's always been generous with Liverpool project's like his music institute.
Where are you getting this 'true story' from ? Any kind of proof anywhere, or did some bloke down the pub spill the beans. ? Were you privy to the negotiations in some way ?

Don’t need proof to make ridiculous slander mate.

My mate told me Paul McCartney made Moyes to sign the flop Haller. What a c*nt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.