Cycling Advice

Goi

Going again Thursday mate, hopefully will go better.
I've gone much better with each visit. Doing 3 sessions a week now so getting right into it. They also seem quite lax on the timing, last two sessions I've done 80 and 90 mins. The only real problem I get is towards the end when I can feel the cold gradually begin to set in, but I get that in an indoor pool for swims over an hour. Felt great yesterday, swimming in a lake whilst it was hammering down - totally brilliant for my mental health, which has taken a bashing during lockdown and the closing of my gym/pool. Have a good swim Thursday bud.

Planning a ride on Sunday from Warrington to Southport via Beacon, Parbold, Croston & Hesketh Bank. Should be a few decent climbs in there before a time trial back to Warrington - c.75-80 miles. Hopefully, the weather forecast doesn't change - looking as though it's going to be dry and low 20C's.

Planning a ride on Sunday from Warrington to Southport via Beacon, Parbold, Croston & Hesketh Bank. Should be a few decent climbs in there before a time trial back to Warrington - c.75-80 miles. Hopefully, the weather forecast doesn't change - looking as though it's going to be dry and low 20C's.
Did a similar ride about 30 years ago when I still lived in Warrington.

Dawes 5-speed, a puncture repair kit, and a single water bottle. Plenty of stops on route to fuel and replace fluids.

Just got back into cycling, had a month or so off since I started doing it first time round lol.

22km yesterday and 20km today so just building it up still.

My chain and cassette almost sounds "dry' as I'm riding. Should I just try some lube on it first or should I spend the time to degrease it etc?

I was going to give it a good clean tomorrow anyway so I'll have to go out if I need degreaser. Otherwise I've got the lube and some soap etc.

My chain and cassette almost sounds "dry' as I'm riding. Should I just try some lube on it first or should I spend
I was going to give it a good clean tomorrow anyway so I'll have to go out if I need degreaser. Otherwise I've got the lube and some soap etc.
My chain and cassette almost sounds "dry' as I'm riding. Should I just try some lube on it first or should I spend the time to degrease it etc?

Full degrease and re-lube should do the trick. Make sure you get all the crap out of the cassette - I find an old toothbrush works well if you haven’t got proper brushes. Dry lube only lasts about 100 miles and washes out easily if wet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.