Dieting

Im thinking of maybe doing the keto for 5 days with 2 days off as there is no way i can go carb free so wont even pretend i can.
I'm the same mate, love bread etc.
Doctor also said after I've lost the weight I should lay off carbs.
Apparently carbs increase your cholesterol levels, so being as I take statins it makes sense.
I never knew carbs did that.

5 weeks into lockdown, I weighed in at 16 stone. The drinking and eating crisps, biscuits was getting out of hand, so I decided to make some significant lifestyle changes.

I got myself a Fitbit, started jogging and walking and pretty much knocked the ale and snacks on the head.

Weighed myself today...14 stone 5 lbs!!! Looking and feeling so much better about myself. My aim is to get down to 14 stone by August.

Definitely recommend getting a Fitbit to anyone who wants to shift a bit of timber.

Well done.

When I gave up smoking, I seamlessly moved onto the pies and chocolate, crisps, curries, beer and various other alcoholic drinks and resembled a steak pie with arms.

I initially thought it was just getting older. Catching a glimpse of an utterly fat ****, who had the audacity to wear the same jacket as me, in a shop window reflection, then no Sherlock required, realised that fat **** was me. This was a crunch day, as opposed to a Crunchie day.

I decided enough was enough and went on a diet. Of course that was a total waste of time and eventually I realised it was a lifestyle change, not an unsustainable diet.

I now have lost the weight, increased my exercise, but not to the gym bunny level, just walking, a bike ride, weeding the garden and keeping it nice, weeding's a ****, let's be clear, but it does help fitness wise. I feel.a lot better too, physically and mentally, because seeing yourself resemble a Mitchelin Man isn't good for the self esteem.

Its lifestyle not diets.

I fell flat on my man tits with the snake oil diet (keto) where I disappeared down into a skimpy 38" waist aka sub 15 stone. Proper little fanny magnet I was around our community croft and a joy to behold in our German built full length wardrobe mirrors. Anyway my hunger became satiated as it tends to do with Carbohydrate avoidance, and all was going well in Little Hartly until the arrival of that Virus and lockdown. I am weighed in after a good tom tit @circa 17.2 and the bmw measurement tool said I scored 37 and was a tad obese. I am not going to argue with that as I am struggling to fit in my size 40 kecks but can probably only fit in them as they are M and S comfort fits which means they have a small elastic bit on each side to make you believe your not actually a size 42. Size 42 would be a bridge too far to transcend to and that line in the sand would have been dreadfully crossed. The only thing I can do to address the auntie is to get down to that station and back aboard the diet train! I know Mr Pole is correct advocating that diets don't work and espousing it's more to do with lifestyle changes and never a truer rant spoken but I need to reduce and the thought of that oil diet sends shivers through my timbers. So this is my plan.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/alternate-day-fasting-guide

Its similar to the 5.2 but this is one day on and one day off and the flexibility of this meal plan had the hallmarks of a Success Story written all over it. I get to have a nice cracking slurp every other day and I get to eat most food groups every other day without the guilt and failure syndrome associated with the deed. I will eat fairly sensibly on my food days and maintain 2250 Kcal with 500kcal on my fast day. After I shed a few stone I will revert onto the 5.2 for maintenance. Target weight will be 14.7 of which I will be utterly delighted with. Anymore off and my fabulous wardrobe will be rendered null and void. So why at the big 60 am I give a flying fook ? Well I care not a jot about running down the beech with surfboard underhand or walking the sand in tight speedos with exposed sac. It's more a combo of health and not fitting into clobber so it has to be done. Anyway it's not like a diet, as you can only ever be hungry for one day and today is that day. Dust is all I've had since last night until now when I had a two tomatoes. a wholemeal bread, three Marks and Spencer's hoisin laced spring rolls, a boiled egg and a wafer thin slice of ham. A pint of sugar free Fanta before hand and now a pint of dandelion and burpdock to fill the void. How do I feel ? I feel like I want a gin and tonic and to go and eat the other three spring rolls that were left behind in that six-pack but it will soon be bedtime and tomorrow shall be another day adorned with 2250 delicious calories of utter happiness. I think this one is going to be mother of all deal breakers and the way to that promised land of good living. I have also taken up walking for an hour in the morning and an hour at night as I am no longer on a hamster wheel. All I have to do now is convince our Trigger to do the same as it's easier to succeed when a problems shared.

QXXvsCg.jpg

Addendum: I am not against Keto per say but found it rather difficult to maintain so once I came off it I went back to my old wicked ways. If you can hack it for ever and ever it's a great way to reduce, but this alternate way I can be more in control of my maniacal foraging antics. There is no getting out of the fact that food is a drug and it's sadly something we can not be weened off like the ket or sniff, and it's a powerful drug at that.

I'm 80kg or 12 stone 6lb.
Nearly 5' 10".
I went for annual blood tests couple of weeks ago. My LFT (liver function test) was high, so doctor sent me for an ultrasound. Turns out theres fat affecting my liver so she told me I have to lose 5 kg, about 10lbs.
I'm on a diet.
No food from 7pm in the evening till midday next day.
Some fruit in a dish with Greek plain yoghurt at midday ish.
Vegetables and fish or salad and egg/cheese or soup at around 6ish.
No booze, just tea, coffee with skim milk.
I've lost 4kg or 9lb in 2 weeks so far, but its bloody hard.
Go to bed hungry every night :(
Another week to go.
Anybody else dieting ?
I’ve lost a considerable amount of fat during lockdown.

I have no scales so no idea how much in weight, but I’ve lost 2inches around the waist and my clothes look much more fitted on me and I just look miles better, younger in fact, and the definition of my muscles is at its best for about 15 years.

I’m quite a big **** anyway, I was 6’4” and 18stone when I used to work in gyms in the 2000s. At my fattest when I wasn’t training in the 2010s I was up at 21stone, so I reckon I’m now down to about 18½stone (at a guess).

As well as training, I’ve been eating quite a strict diet plan of:
Breakfast - banana with butter coffee
Dinner - soup/stew/bolognese/curry/chilli (no rice, pasta or bread) or salads
Tea - nuts with berries

Drinks - water and green tea only (outside the morning coffee)

The size of the meal at dinnertime is quite considerable. I make all my own meals from scratch in batches and dish them out at ~750ml (probably two servings for normal sized people) and freeze them.

In 6 weeks’ time I’m going to up my training to twice a day on my training days (one cardio session am, one resistance session pm). I’ll change the diet plan to suit that when it comes, probably having eggs for breakfast as well as a banana and adding some whole meal carbs to my dinner.

Lockdown has really suited me. Not working, therefore not stressed, sleeping properly, eating healthily, not snacking on shite, training regularly, drinking loads of water, the laidback way of life...

I feel like a new man!

And it’s really made me think about the rest of my life. This diet plan isn’t going to be for a few months, but a lifestyle diet plan; and I’ve really taken a look at my worklife and I think I need to look at doing something else (my usual job is very stressful and long hours a number of months during the year). There’s more to life than working hard and being stressed! What that’ll be, I have no idea at the moment.

I went low carb 18 months ago to control my blood sugar, diagnosed T2 diabetic. The result was great blood levels and lost 2 stone, 14 to 12. I was never on a weight loss diet and never felt hungry but the excess weight literally disappeared without me noticing.

12 and a half stone isn't fat nowadays is it?
Not when I’m only 6 inches taller than him but was nearly 9 stone heavier a few years ago. Even then, people used to tell me I wasn’t even that fat or it wasn’t that noticeable.

If your hungry drink lots of water. I’d get proper advice as well, a few years ago and friend put me in a programme and you actually have to eat more, the reasoning is that, the body eats your muscle before fat so by increasing your metabolism with exercise it eats away at the fat rather than muscle. 5he rouble I found was it was soul destroying eating constantly between 10-6pm, I was having to supplement food with large fruit/ Milk shakes just to get my calorie count up.

This makes sense. I’ve lost 20lbs but actually put weight on the less I eat if I exercise. I’ve started walking and that’s how I’ve lost it. I walk to work in town every Monday and walk my wife to work every other day before working from home. 15 miles return trip today. Just got in at 7 tonight. Legs are killing me, lol.

How can you have a 39" inch waist at 12 stone 6 and 5'10?

I'm 5'9 and a lot heavier and don't have a 39" waist

I once went to the doctors, he asked me my height, weight etc.

Measured my waist and said, I could not weigh what I said as my waist was 44inch

Then he laughed as he realised he had measured around the chair as well

Changed docs as why not ask me to stand up in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.