UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soriano's interview after the UEFA verdict implied that the decision was largely, if not totally, predicated on what was published in Der Spiegel. The club has repeatedly cited "out of context emails" as being the basis for the decision. Following the settlement, UEFA had three years of scrutinising every aspect of our finances. What is very unusual is that the infraction is supposed to have happened over a four-year period that pre and post-dates the settlement. I cannot see how they have managed to obtain any further evidence against us. The cynic in me suggests that the IC has tried to make the evidence fit a crime that does not exist. The settlement was agreed because of matters unresolved. I think that they have looked into the unresolved matters and fabricated a violation. City's bullish language about Leterme's handling of the investigation makes no secret of the club's disdain for the integrity of the IC. When you read that Leterme deliberately mishandled PSG's case to reach the statute of limitations, coupled with Rick Parry coincidentally jumping ship to the EFL before CAS could pass judgement, you realise that something may not be right.

City's statement spoke of a wish to seek independent arbitration. It could well be that we withdrew from the process, leaving the AC no choice but to hit us hard. There are serious issues surrounding the impartiality of the CFCB and we perhaps chose not to dignify it.

It also appears that there is a lot of internal disagreement between the independent actors at UEFA (Ceferin) and those with vested interests. I believe that we do have friends at UEFA but these people are under immense pressure from a very powerful cartel of clubs.

No CAS arbitrator would sabotage their own reputation for the sake of saving the credibility of UEFA. The fact that a lengthy appeal determination will be made public is absolutely integral to a fair and transparent process. We will get this in time and it makes a corrupt judgement significantly harder to inflict upon City. UEFA had the luxury of never having to be accountable to the public for their actions. In full knowledge of this, they were at liberty to pass a much more questionable judgement.
I agreed with most of that but not your concluding remarks. I don't get how we are able to hold CAS to account. You think anyone will go through the fine detail and question a guilty verdict? City and the fans would but objections would be considered squealing and there'd be no audience for this argument.

I think you’re naive if you’re expecting complete exoneration from CAS. I hope I’m wrong.

I do, yes. There is a growing feeling that this is the case. It’s becoming pretty obvious. The noise coming from the club lends credence to this theory.

Out of interest, on what basis exactly, do you anticipate no exoneration?

Having our appeal upheld will be just as big as any trophy we have won during the last eight years.

The very foundations of those achievements would be tarnished if CAS go with Uefa on this one, whether we like it or not.

These next few days are a pivotal moment in the club's recent history.

A City win will be enough to keep me warm in bed at night, knowing we took UEFA's final big swing and we got up at the count of nine.

Yep. I must also add, I find the fact we're in for Koulibaly and potentially Ake a huge sign of the clubs confidence regarding CAS. If they'd felt the appeal had gone badly, I think they'd be much quieter and there'd be much less noise.

I hope I'm not being wildly optimistic anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.