come on who will be in their local this weekend

What would be your solution then Magic?
There has to be a fund that can bridge us from close down to early opening. The process will be slow in business turnover, if there isn't a bridging facility to accommodate rising costs and lower takings, businesses will die, not because they couldnt survive, but temporary cashflow issues.

Companies could show previous accounts and identify break even point, the government pays whatever thst gap is in the form of a zero interest loan that can be paid back over a 3-5 year period. The costs of this would be offset by reduction in UC payments and furlough. If we are to be prepared for an economic upturn, the base must be protected so we have one to take advantage of it.

The Opportunity Cost of not taking steps will be far higher than just staring at our shoes and hoping. We need to borrow. Theres is no alternative. Well there is, but it doesnt bear thinking about.

Booked into 'time slots' at band on the wall and liquor store with the future ex Mrs Lee in the afternoon and early evening then getting out of Dodge by 9pm before all the pisscans get moody. Tho after drinking the measures I've been pouring at home on the ponderosa for the last few months it'll taste like I'm just drinking mixers.

Not for months, for me. And I’m a genuine enjoyer of all-day Saturday piss-ups.

I’m still acting as if we’re in the original lockdown from March, April and May. I am still off work, still only going out to exercise or get food, still not going into my family’s homes...

The virus is still here, it’s still alive and killing. So despite the rules being relaxed, I’m not paying attention to those relaxations, I’m still being sensible.

It will not take much for a Leicester situation to kick off in numerous places. We’ve seen some unbelievably stupid gatherings of people over the last month across many cities, opening pubs will just add to this with more stupid people packing them out.

I have numerous vulnerable people among my family and friends so I’m not running the risk in any way.

There has to be a fund that can bridge us from close down to early opening. The process will be slow in business turnover, if there isn't a bridging facility to accommodate rising costs and lower takings, businesses will die, not because they couldnt survive, but temporary cashflow issues.

Companies could show previous accounts and identify break even point, the government pays whatever thst gap is in the form of a zero interest loan that can be paid back over a 3-5 year period. The costs of this would be offset by reduction in UC payments and furlough. If we are to be prepared for an economic upturn, the base must be protected so we have one to take advantage of it.

The Opportunity Cost of not taking steps will be far higher than just staring at our shoes and hoping. We need to borrow. Theres is no alternative. Well there is, but it doesnt bear thinking about.
I agree entirely. I would point out that loans are available and are interest free for the first year. Some companies have seemingly not chosen to take up the loans or haven't met the qualifying requirements, like Byrons Burgers and have gone bust. Makes you wonder how sustainable their business plan was before this virus. I personally know of a couple of medium companies that have made a large chunk of their workforce redundant rather than furlough them and used covid as the reason. Again no bridging loans were applied for. They just don't see an immediate upturn I guess. Like RollsRoyce In Derby I sadly. It's a total nightmare. I think the government have done OK on the financial support so far but like you said, I believe they are still going to have to do a lot more. Perhaps they don't realise it just yet?

I agree entirely. I would point out that loans are available and are interest free for the first year. Some companies have seemingly not chosen to take up the loans or haven't met the qualifying requirements, like Byrons Burgers and have gone bust. Makes you wonder how sustainable their business plan was before this virus. I personally know of a couple of medium companies that have made a large chunk of their workforce redundant rather than furlough them and used covid as the reason. Again no bridging loans were applied for. They just don't see an immediate upturn I guess. Like RollsRoyce In Derby I sadly. It's a total nightmare. I think the government have done OK on the financial support so far but like you said, I believe they are still going to have to do a lot more. Perhaps they don't realise it just yet?
They have to realise it. Whether they act appropriately is the problem. Its economic suicide to spend so much then withdraw at the critical transition. That would be utter folly. I would have people working with the CBI, Unions, SME sector, Leiseure, The Arts to see how we can ensure as many survive who are in trouble, but who have a sound business model and market that has been interrupted, not removed.

We need to look long term. High cost to save the economy will be far less worse than a collapsed one. We also have to factor in Brexit and the additional blow to trade this will bring on the back of this. A perfect storm of economic stagnation and reduced market accessibility will be incredibly difficult to negotiate if we take the hard Brexit route. That just wont work.

Last edited:
The local wannabe milfs, including the vile ex2, have been cackling like banshees on social media about the pub opening. It'll be like one of those "homemade orgy" videos my mate told me about. Be warned young men, stay indoors at all costs...

No doubt what they've done so far is above what anyone thought this government might do, but until it's safe for social distancing to be a thing of the past business' in the hospitality sector will not be able to get back to normal and with that we will see a lot of people unemployed in the next 6 months. I'm not trying to say how I would do it or what needs to be different, I'm just saying it as it is - things are going to be shit for a significant part of the population for some time.

They have to realise it. Whether they act appropriately is the problem. Its economic suicide to spend so much then withdraw at the critical transition. That would be utter folly. I would have people working with the CBI, Unions, SME sector, Leiseure, The Arts to see how we can ensure as many survive who are in trouble, but who have a sound business model and market that has been interrupted, not removed.

We need to look long term. High cost to save the economy will be far worse than a collapsed one. We also have to factor in Brexit and the additional blow to trade this will bring on the back of this. A perfect storm of economic stagnation and reduced market accessibility will be incredibly difficult to negotiate if we take the hard Brexit route. That just wont work.
I agree with much of that. I do also believe that we will get a FT deal with the EU. So hopefully that won't be an issue.

The local wannabe milfs, including the vile ex2, have been cackling like banshees on social media about the pub opening. It'll be like one of those "homemade orgy" videos my mate told me about. Be warned young men, stay indoors at all costs...
Where’s this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.