Dieting

Very easy to over complicate healthy eating. It's simply a case of eating fuck all and making sure when you do eat it's mostly stuff you don't like. Simple rule of thumb - if you look forward to eating something or you feel like eating more of it afterwards it's bad for you and makes you fat/ causes cancer. Ryvita and celery for instance is low fat, low sugar, low calories, tastes like shit, and no one wants second helpings. It is therefore healthy. Combine this with smoking 20 a day and a decent caffeine intake and watch the pounds fall off.
haha, youve been reading the peacefrog plan :)
on furlough you can get a good 60 fags a day :)

ive cut out white bread, only one sugar in my many brews and ive lost 12lbs in about 1 month(i think) i felt i had put weight on the other day, felt bloated and heavy ,when i weighed myself id lost 3lbs

having a bit of a debate with some friends about fasting diets;

two of them swear by doing this twice a week; have your evening meal and then you are only allowed 600 cals the next day (usually the one sit down meal) and then the following day it's back to whatever you want. The 5:2 diet. Say the weight is shedding and exercise is extremely beneficial in this diet.

My counter is that this regime is no better to a sensible healthy and balanced diet with regular exercise. The fasting may help with motivation or state of mind (which in itself could be good depending on your mentality) but i argue fasting has no benefit, given all things equal. i dont buy the 'we were cavemen' stuff, think life has moved on somewhat.

What does BM think?
I`ve been on the 5-2 diet diet before and its worked for me.This time around and its helping me as my 35 lb weight loss proves.However I am exercising more than I`ve done in decades.

I`ve been on the 5-2 diet diet before and its worked for me.This time around and its helping me as my 35 lb weight loss proves.However I am exercising more than I`ve done in decades.

thanks. I've read a few studies this morning - some say the 5:2 diet is better than traditional sensible calorie control (+ exercise in both), some say there really is no difference which one you pick.

a common message is that mentality is a factor in weight loss and that, for some people, the rigidity & structure of 5:2 is helpful and therefore appears to be better. Seems the jury is out. Whatever works eh.

thanks. I've read a few studies this morning - some say the 5:2 diet is better than traditional sensible calorie control (+ exercise in both), some say there really is no difference which one you pick.

a common message is that mentality is a factor in weight loss and that, for some people, the rigidity & structure of 5:2 is helpful and therefore appears to be better. Seems the jury is out. Whatever works eh.
The good thing about the 5-2 plan is that you chose which days are best suited.I always do my mine on a Tuesday and Thursday keeping the weekend free for a few treats and the missus lovely Sunday roasts.At the end of the day if it has a positive effect on both your well being and mentality then its working mate.

I’ve got fat while being poorly. even though I hardly eat anything, for me it’s exercise that’s so important and struggling to take a few steps is not good enough. I’m learning to walk again but can’t wait for the day I’m back to a normal diet and normal walking instead of depriving myself of all the good things, :)

One day cakes and sweets again and exercise of course it will be none of this sugar free stuff that I’m convinced puts weight on me. Maybe I’ll join a gym;)

having a bit of a debate with some friends about fasting diets;

two of them swear by doing this twice a week; have your evening meal and then you are only allowed 600 cals the next day (usually the one sit down meal) and then the following day it's back to whatever you want. The 5:2 diet. Say the weight is shedding and exercise is extremely beneficial in this diet.

My counter is that this regime is no better to a sensible healthy and balanced diet with regular exercise. The fasting may help with motivation or state of mind (which in itself could be good depending on your mentality) but i argue fasting has no benefit, given all things equal. i dont buy the 'we were cavemen' stuff, think life has moved on somewhat.

What does BM think?

Sorry to break it to you mate, but you're not right, not a fan of the 5:2 personally, the only study that ever backed that particular format up was one from a 1950's Spanish retirement home, it bases all it's other evidence from Martin Berkhan's work on the subject (Leangains) , however , it still qualifies as 'Intermittent Fasting', so fair enough, but Berkhan should be getting the lions share of the credit here.

Peer reviewed study upon peer reviewed study has shown the benefits of IF over 'regular 'eating patterns not only because people tend to eat less (you still need to be in a calorie deficit regardless) but it also primes the body through various mechanisms to burn fat.

The main take home point though, is if it's working for YOU, then that's all that matters, not everybody gets along with an IF style eating pattern, but as above, it's been shown to be a more optimal style.

Today is none diet day !

HfqzpwH.gif

Breakfast nothing .. Jack smidt
Dinner ...The other 3 Marks and Spencer spring rolls from last night
Four O' Clockers ..30 grams of dry roasted.
Three Heineken pints up to press and then will switch to low cal G and T
Evening meal Cajun chicken 300 gram for satiety/handful of air baked chips and vegetables
G and t allowance @6 doubles.

Circa 2,280 kcals. Calories burned from walking today is only 1 hour so a deficit of 300 to be applied. This is gonna be pish-easy street and even though it's only day three I can feel my bod metamorphosing into stud-muffin land.

Last edited:
I'm 80kg or 12 stone 6lb.
Nearly 5' 10".
I went for annual blood tests couple of weeks ago. My LFT (liver function test) was high, so doctor sent me for an ultrasound. Turns out theres fat affecting my liver so she told me I have to lose 5 kg, about 10lbs.
I'm on a diet.
No food from 7pm in the evening till midday next day.
Some fruit in a dish with Greek plain yoghurt at midday ish.
Vegetables and fish or salad and egg/cheese or soup at around 6ish.
No booze, just tea, coffee with skim milk.
I've lost 4kg or 9lb in 2 weeks so far, but its bloody hard.
Go to bed hungry every night :(
Another week to go.
Anybody else dieting ?
Still at it mate - is it working?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.