Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted. We are a much better team when he plays but if he wants to go he has to go. At the start of last season I thought he was the next football superstar and would be worth 200m in a year or two. If that plays out we're gonna be gutted especially after Sancho. We don't lose players often but this one could well sting.

If the numbers are right on wages - We offered 180,000, Bayern 350,000+ and we pay KDB and Raz over 300,000 then there's no wonder he's been after a move. 180,000 is a proper low ball offer from City and we have apparently not budged on that for two years.

Gen question. What do you get from supporting City as all we read from you is despair and unhappiness. Surely, you could find peace supporting someone else or even a different sport. Why subject yourself to this as clearly the club appear to be doing everything wrong.

The bi product is that we all have to suffer reading your woes
He isn't is the probable answer

Is it just me that thinks this is a clever business deal from city considering all factors and sets a certain price for other targets in that position we may be after??

sorry to see Sane go but i was surprised when we beat bayern to the punch first time of asking so never really thought he would have stayed with city longer.

I think before we start complaining about the fee we should see what price players are moving for this season, we keep hearing about clubs struggling and prices could be driven down.

If we can get a suitable replacement on a long term deal with lower wages for a comparable price then i will be more than happy.

For example, how would we feel if we could get Sancho for £50 million and £170k a week wages on a 5 year deal.

I will be surprised if we have announced this if we haven't tied up a player from elsewhere, even if it not a direct replacement but strengthens our defensive issues.

40m, or there abouts, to go towards a replacement considering that 40m is for a player who our manager has had apparent issues with, was fairly inconsistent and obviously didn't want to be here is a decent deal in the scenario.

As I've said previously, put a nice thank you message on social media, fuck him off and let's bring in someone who's willing to learn and develop.
Much more than 40 m

Probably because he cannot play till next season for them so not threat in the champions league to us,

Isn't going to get used much and if he was injury is a risk and any deal scuppered.

He wants to go, we are happy to let him go, why drag it out with all the negativity it could bring.

A deal of £58M after add ons for someone witha year left is a decent fee, we opened negotiations asking for around £80M with Munich offering £30 so this is probably the figure both always had in mind

fair play - maybe my original post was just the knee jerk reaction to the price!

Always felt like Munchen / Leroy had us between a rock and a hard place with this. If our Club is content with the fee then good luck Leroy, mind the door doesn't smack you on the arse on the way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.