Running thread

Set myself a target this month to run 100km in June (after tearing my Calf and not running at all in May). Well, I’ve got 7.3km to go and I’m determined to complete my own personal challenge today- rain or shine :)

I’ve not ran particularly quickly or covered anything over 10km but I’m just glad to be back out again, really missed it in May! Happy running BM

I know people are at different physical shape. But 2 years ago I was an overweight person. I'd describe myself as a getting a bit of a belly and a few chubby bits around the hips/moobs and chin area. BMI said only on the edge of overweight but still not great. Before running I was 14 stone. Dropped a stone in no time which was a nice surprise. And then I had eyes on getting healthy (diet was not bad to be honest) and saw weight go into low 12's. I've now dropped to 11st 2lb. Which is almost 3 stone is 2 years. Now running 15k a week regulary and it seems to knocking 2-3 lbs off every fortnight. Is that normal? The median BMI for my age/weight seems to suggest 10st 8lb is perfect. Does it suggest I should eat more? Or if I feel good just let the weight drop further?
Your weight loss seems high to me. A rough rule of thumb is running burns 100 calories per mile and 3500 calories must be burned to lose 1 lb of fat. So you need to run 35 miles a week to lose a pound in weight, assuming calorie intake is maintained. You are only running 10 miles a week which is not much, so should only lose 1 lb every 3 to 4 weeks? Are you eating less?

Your weight loss seems high to me. A rough rule of thumb is running burns 100 calories per mile and 3500 calories must be burned to lose 1 lb of fat. So you need to run 35 miles a week to lose a pound in weight, assuming calorie intake is maintained. You are only running 10 miles a week which is not much, so should only lose 1 lb every 3 to 4 weeks? Are you eating less?
I don't think so no. Though I have really cut out bad foods from diet this year and replaced them with good ones. BMI isn't an exact science I know, but wondered what other people's experiences were from overweight to ample weight. Could be metabolism has increased possibly? Have energy too so not too concerned and feel fitter/stronger etc.

I don't think so no. Though I have really cut out bad foods from diet this year and replaced them with good ones. BMI isn't an exact science I know, but wondered what other people's experiences were from overweight to ample weight. Could be metabolism has increased possibly? Have energy too so not too concerned and feel fitter/stronger etc.
I have never been over weight and have maintained a BMI of about 22 and weight of 148- 158 lbs for most of my adult life - say 30 years. Only time I really lost any weight was marathon training when running up to 60 miles and cycling 100 miles a week and weight would drop to 142 lbs. So I have no experience of dieting/weight loss and can't comment further.

546 in a row now.

not quite sure how I’ve managed it with week in and out of hospital - 9am to 10pm some days and a newborn keeping me up at night!

somehow squeezing the minimum 15 min runs in.

Christ! You’re ran for 546 consecutive days??

I lost a shed load of weight running. I’ve said this before on here but I sustained a labral tear (it’s all very convoluted the causes and treatments) and was told rather than surgery to build up my core instead. Joined the gym and loved it (running took a hit but still did park runs). Running took my ass away so was nice to get it back...something to rest my coffee on. Kettle bell training, yoga & Pilates all helped but adding muscle can possibly slow me running times down?

But I’ve loved running throughout this pandemic and this is such a positive, brilliant thread...nice antidote to the cv19 one.

do still fancy a marathon & triathlon (tri first...entry level one to start off with).

Christ! You’re ran for 546 consecutive days??

I lost a shed load of weight running. I’ve said this before on here but I sustained a labral tear (it’s all very convoluted the causes and treatments) and was told rather than surgery to build up my core instead. Joined the gym and loved it (running took a hit but still did park runs). Running took my ass away so was nice to get it back...something to rest my coffee on. Kettle bell training, yoga & Pilates all helped but adding muscle can possibly slow me running times down?

But I’ve loved running throughout this pandemic and this is such a positive, brilliant thread...nice antidote to the cv19 one.

do still fancy a marathon & triathlon (tri first...entry level one to start off with).
Ah yes, think we talked about hip injurys on here once. Similar path, doing lots of core stuff.. my 20 second planks have now become 60 second ones. Baby steps and that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.