Unions

Amazingly ignorant mostly red topped tabloid led Thatcherite views expressed by all the usual suspects.

If any of you just stopped to think for one minute - in many cases union recognition is welcomed by employers - I have had experience of this myself. In large organisations things like T&C's, job losses or wages and rewards are better negotiated with a single entity - its simply not possible to set up a system which is done on an individual basis that can be done quickly and efficiently. When done individually it invariably leads to accusations of nepotism and results in a disgruntled workforce that is not productive as it could be and lots of employee churn.

In fact when I have been involved with a union the single biggest complaint from members is that the union reps are "in the pockets" of the business and don't get them the lazy well paid gig they want.
5-A96-C434-CC69-4-C94-B927-5-BD6-C77-F8286.jpg

Looks like we caught one. Was hoping for Russ or Matt tbh :-(

The union bloke at our place got in on a platform of sticking it to the boss.

Now he's his best mate and does all the easy jobs.

He once called a meeting, said we should all just do our hours, no coming in a bit early to help out, so we all did. Except him and the other union bloke who, when questioned, said they had things to do in the afternoon...

I called them both cunts and walked off. One tried to say sorry but he's dirty Leeds so he got called a **** again.

A waste of fucking space. Not needed in today's work place. Utter cunts.

Oh...just remembered, a while ago, early 80's, I worked for my old man's welding company. We had to go to a steel works in the Midlands to collect some rsj they hadn't sent on time. We turned up 20 minutes before lunch. Could have loaded the 3 rsj's we needed and gone in 10 minutes. Oh no...not according to the bloke we met. After lunch. An hour and 20 minutes later.

We sat and waited. They all appeared. One to use the over head crane. One to use the chains. One to make sure no one walked near. One to undo the chains. One to do the paperwork.

We weren't allowed to go near until they had all finished.

It would have taken one person to load it but unions demanded otherwise.

Utter cunts.
Reminds me of a company I left in 2002. I soon sussed out the union reps were colluding with bosses when they came from upstairs to greet us with bullshit of having to accept a minimal rise when the company was making record profits. Most suckers fell for their bullshit but I told anyone who'd listen that our hardfaced shyster union reps were having us over. After arguing the toss they eventually believed me saying I should put up for next union rep. Told them I would and they said they'd vote me in. Soon after that I left the company to better myself. They were probably still getting shafted while the Union reps got their own perks and easy jobs. They were hardly ever working on the shop floor, the workshy scheming cunts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.