Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few thoughts now when this saga has finally ended :
  1. The transfer fees looks okay wrt the circumstances but this was the first mega deal of this summer so only after this window ends and other transfers have taken place we can eventually decide whether we got fleeced or got out money worth. IMHO it was some 20 million less
  2. Bayern has been despicable in the entire saga and i would have preferred him going to anyone but United,Liverpool or the German Liverpool/United (Bayern). Hell i would have sold him to spurs to spite those bavarians but this is business and what do I know!
  3. Sane really really wanted to go to Bayern. The fact that he was searching was houses before and the news that he may not come back when the medical is done this week all points to this fact. That tied our hands in a big away and gave Munich the big leverage
  4. The one player we really wanted to keep around and still had to sell him in the last 10 years. It is a first time for everything
Danke Sane! Have a good one

If I buy a motor from you for£1000 and I give you £700 upfront with the rest to come in 3 annual payments of £100 then you are up £700 to spend in whatever way you see fit.

I quoted roughly 40m as that is what we will have to put towards his replacement, let's not rely on performance driven bonus payments - they're not even guaranteed mate.
Fair enough but I think it's something like £47m with £8m in add ons if Leroy achieves certain things, but your right with that analogy.

Look, the lad has won trophies with us over the past 4 years. Has he ever been a consistent starter? No. Have there been question marks about his attitude and work ethic? Yes, both with us and the National squad. Is he a quality player? On his day, undoubtedly. Will we miss him? Who knows. Do you trust Pep to have made the right decision? 100% yes. So from my perspective, it's thanks for the four years, your time has been and gone, good luck for the future but you're history now so be prepared for some good old fashioned booing banter when we play you in the Champions league next season. Although £385,000 a week will probably soften the blow for him. Auf wiedersehn.

Usually players who have knee (cruciate ligament injury) do not turn out to be the same player they once were. There are so many examples of such players. But even A sanchez transfer got more than him is quite a puzzle for me. Sanchez was older with 1 year contractt left and had similar problems. The transfer was valued around 60 million. And when we have to buy similar player we have to pay 80 million plus now a days. Ok Thats a downside of being a big club.

Imo the price of big transfers have dropped

Clubs have lost a lot of money due to Covid 19 and this will definitely have an effect on transfers

The Rags have stated they won’t pay more than £50m for Sancho and the dippers wouldn’t compete for Werner

£55m or close is good deal for us as we all knew sane wanted Munich and only Munich and he had a serious injury

Wish him the best but can’t see him returning to the player he once was

Great deal in my opinion. Looking forward to see who replaces him now

Bayern have got an absolute bargain but probably the best we could get for him under the circumstances. I just hope he does get replaced but fear we’ll just continue to play Sterling on the left. With the odd square peg if he’s out.

Good player but no one is indispensable or above the club. Besides, there are plenty of wingers that have similar attributes, moreover he is not a world beater unlike how many fans were portraying him. Given that he was sulking and pushing for a move, there won’t be any lost love as far as I am concerned.

Bayern have got an absolute bargain but probably the best we could get for him under the circumstances. I just hope he does get replaced but fear we’ll just continue to play Sterling on the left. With the odd square peg if he’s out.
We could spend the money on somebody who knows how to defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.