Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayern have got an absolute bargain but probably the best we could get for him under the circumstances. I just hope he does get replaced but fear we’ll just continue to play Sterling on the left. With the odd square peg if he’s out.
I think you would have to see over a season playing for Bayern as to whether they got a bargain or not. His performance levels may not be the same post injury. For all we know, we might be the ones who got the bargain.

We can speculate all we want, the true negotiations will remain between our club and Bayern. In public, Bayern wanted one of our players, courted him publicly and got him. They were very much pushing on an open door. His injury may have lessened his fee and pushed him closer to his contractual end date but life ain't fair as we all know. If it is 60 million Euro , it's less than i would have liked but, i'm not emotionally invested in this player. He left a good few months ago. Much better for me is the improvement we have seen in Mahrez and Bernardo. The money will come in handy, we've not made much on him in the time we have had him. Did we overpay, did he not improve, was it his injury or are we poor negotiators. All questions for someone else , i'm moving on

Let's be honest Leroy is a magnificent player with a great goal scoring and assist record for us. He is going to be a loss as he's a game changer but all clubs lose top players from time to time. We have been able to carry on winning trophies whilst losing key players due to injury each season and now is the time to strengthen the defence.

I have every confidence we are re-building and are going to continue to dominate for years to come.

Let's be honest Leroy is a magnificent player with a great goal scoring and assist record for us. He is going to be a loss as he's a game changer but all clubs lose top players from time to time. We have been able to carry on winning trophies whilst losing key players due to injury each season and now is the time to strengthen the defence.

I have every confidence we are re-building and are going to continue to dominate for years to come.
How will he be a loss if he didn't want to play for us?

We could spend the money on somebody who knows how to defend.

We do need a couple of defenders but give me a left sided attacker who scares the shit out of a fullback and can score 15 goals plus rather than a grafter.

I think you would have to see over a season playing for Bayern as to whether they got a bargain or not. His performance levels may not be the same post injury. For all we know, we might be the ones who got the bargain.

As 50m was John Stones and Mendy’s price a few years ago I think I’d chance it for such talent on the back of an injury that is a fairly routine recovery these days. As you say though time will tell.

Sane was replaced TWO years ago when we signed Mahrez.

City were not convinced about Sane,concerned about his attitude & personality and anticipated future issues over playing time,development and contract.

Mahrez was signed to cover these issues on the basis of ‘do things when you can, not when you must’.

Mahrez & Sterling have been our first choice scoring wingers for most of the last two years not just since Sane was injured !!

The money we’ve got for Sane means that Mahrez stands us in at around £12M.

Good business City.

Shame he has gone but we move on

my biggest disappointment is not seeing him develop at city
I fully expected him to move centrally like Thierry Henry did. I think he could be that good. Depends on his attitude though.
Will be in a goldfish bowl at Bayern. Let’s see how he copes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.