UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s bad news for us, the first thing that will happen is there will be huge pressure off the media and other clubs to kick us out of this seasons competition.. with that bellend from
Madrid at the front of the queue

I hope I’m miles off the mark, but maybe UEFA want to avoid having to deal with such a problem
Just because we'll be in the draw by the 13th why would that stop the clamour for us to be kicked out of this season's competition? I can't see why it would change anything in that respect.

Would both parties know the decision this far in advance of the public announcement? I was thinking they may only find out 24-48 hours before so as to minimise the chances of any leaks.
I wonder if we will hear more from Pep and the player’s on the importance of qualifying for the CL?

Seems inconsistent to announce a date which would then force the deliberation and decision.

not really.

“Is the decision ready yet?”
“No.”
“when will it be ready?”
“First week of July”
“Can we announce it will be delivered on 10 July?”
“Sure, that gives us plenty of time.”

Who are the 'scrutineers'? They are the likes of the Guardian, Dan Roan, Simon Stone etc.

Who actually cares about what any of those people think regarding our case? I would very much doubt that any of the arbitrators had heard of any of them. I can't believe you even care about them given that you're always telling people not to read their rubbish (but do so yourself).

You are completely missing the point. In having to produce a thorough appeal determination, CAS has to ensure to both sides, the legal profession and its members, and other CAS arbitrators who didn't sit, that it has made a sound judgement having considered everything in the round. Our arbitrators will face scrutiny from their peers over this decision. They cannot afford to make any errors in law or fail to properly apply the rules.

The 'scrutineers' at the pantomime level are of no concern to me. It is people of considerable legal standing who will dissect the decision, of which CAS is all too aware.

CAS will tell both parties in advance of the decision been made public so if what the DM are saying is true I think both parties know the outcome now.

hopefully we may start hearing some noises from either camp this week

If it’s bad news for us, the first thing that will happen is there will be huge pressure off the media and other clubs to kick us out of this seasons competition.. with that bellend from
Madrid at the front of the queue

I hope I’m miles off the mark, but maybe UEFA want to avoid having to deal with such a problem
It’s bad enough now with the bad news/no news in the media about us, if were found guilty the media deluge from every angle will be unfuckingbearable

Who actually cares about what any of those people think regarding our case? I would very much doubt that any of the arbitrators had heard of any of them. I can't believe you even care about them given that you're always telling people not to read their rubbish (but do so yourself).

You are completely missing the point. In having to produce a thorough appeal determination, CAS has to ensure to both sides, the legal profession and its members, and other CAS arbitrators who didn't sit, that it has made a sound judgement having considered everything in the round. Our arbitrators will face scrutiny from their peers over this decision. They cannot afford to make any errors in law or fail to properly apply the rules.

The 'scrutineers' at the pantomime level are of no concern to me. It is people of considerable legal standing who will dissect the decision, of which CAS is all too aware.
"The 'scrutineers' at the pantomime level are of no concern to me."

The best dismissive sentence I have heard on here for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.