Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sane was replaced TWO years ago when we signed Mahrez.

City were not convinced about Sane,concerned about his attitude & personality and anticipated future issues over playing time,development and contract.

Mahrez was signed to cover these issues on the basis of ‘do things when you can, not when you must’.

Mahrez & Sterling have been our first choice scoring wingers for most of the last two years not just since Sane was injured !!

The money we’ve got for Sane means that Mahrez stands us in at around £12M.

Good business City.

So we essentially replaced our only left winger with a third right winger?

Call me crazy but I'd take a Sane/ Sterling partnership over a Sterling/ Mahrez one any day of the week.

The latter is slower, more predictable and has little to no threat on the counter attack because they both just want to cut inside and run into defenders.

you have to have big balls and work amazingly hard and talent alone will not be enough ? nobody is questioning the talent sane has but pep does question his work rate for the team ? like i said it could be worst ? it could be liverpool or united he wants to play for. going to the german league is ok for manchester city in terms of danger to us long term but as for champions league and meeting munich its ok to. because i would think city would have his number and know a early kick letting him know our fullbacks are not messing around

Yeah, it's not like when Jimmy Avarice went down the East Lancs to win trophies and play at right back. And all those fuckin' pens he scored!

Sad to see him go, but it’s a measure of how far we’ve come that I was far more upset when we let Ian Bishop and Andy Hinchcliffe go.

I haven't got over Dennis Law goin' to Italy, and I think I never will. And to compound it by coming back to Mansh United! Jeez, do any other footy fans suffer so much for their art/team?

I haven't got over Dennis Law goin' to Italy, and I think I never will. And to compound it by coming back to Mansh United! Jeez, do any other footy fans suffer so much for their art/team?
Fortunately before my time. If my reaction at Coton going to the rags is any barometer, I don’t know how I’d have coped seeing Law doing well at the swamp.

So we essentially replaced our only left winger with a third right winger?

Call me crazy but I'd take a Sane/ Sterling partnership over a Sterling/ Mahrez one any day of the week.

The latter is slower, more predictable and has little to no threat on the counter attack because they both just want to cut inside and run into defenders.
So would i , Sane will be a loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.