UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If as some people think a decision has been reached then why can't it be announced now?
Think I read somewhere that CAS have to write up a few hundred pages on the decision and reasoning. They know the decision now I have no doubt, but need to write it up.

What confuses me more is if one party or the other asks for the announcement to be delayed, would CAS even agree to that, and why? I guess both parties would need to agree too.

It just seems to me that UEFA want to get this season’s competitions boxed off, venues, dates and times confirmed etc before the CAS announcement, which could then completely blow The structure of UEFA apart.

Not sure I’d read too much into UEFA asking for a delay, assuming that Keegan’s story is true. They probably wouldn’t want the draw overshadowed by the verdict either way. Don’t think either City or UEFA know with any certainty at this stage how the panel will rule.
Yes, neither yet know verdict possibly but will get to know in due course but public result delayed.

We can assume if we do know the decision the announcement only effects fans.

We want a working arrangement with UEFA, even if our fans don’t our club does. So if it has gone in our favour it would not effect anything delaying it 3 days.

If it has not gone in our favour then those 3 days can certainly help us.

If CAS uphold the ban this is at the point we threaten going after FFP etc and hopefully be able to use that stick to agree a 1 year ban. Not great due to all the other stuff that goes with it, but certainly would help us a lot more then 2.

Stay calm blues

Do you really think that CAS would bow to one of the party's involved asking for a particular date for announcements to be made? This is the Daily Fail we are talking about here.

It probably went something like this.
How can we keep negative City in the news?
I know - CAS are due to give verdict in July; the UEFA draw takes place on 10 July; the following Monday is about half way. Would be a good article to make up that UEFA show their power by having the verdict moved to the Monday instead of the 10th.

Made up twaddle for the benefit of clicks. Can you imagine any court being asked to move the date of a verdict?

It has worked though hasn't it because we are all on here talking about it.

I'm not reading anything into this supposed delay. The CL is UEFA's flagship product and they don't want anything distracting from their marketing of that. Regardless of which way the decision goes it will be a massive distraction as every media hack in the land dissects the ramifications and they just want the two things separated - nothing more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.