Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish him well, if he stays injury free will be a massive superstar has all the qualities good luck
I think he'll have to adapt to become a superstar now. He looks like he's added muscle while recovering and almost all ACL injuries lose an element of burst in pace which he relied on with us.

Sane was replaced TWO years ago when we signed Mahrez.

City were not convinced about Sane,concerned about his attitude & personality and anticipated future issues over playing time,development and contract.

Mahrez was signed to cover these issues on the basis of ‘do things when you can, not when you must’.

Mahrez & Sterling have been our first choice scoring wingers for most of the last two years not just since Sane was injured !!

The money we’ve got for Sane means that Mahrez stands us in at around £12M.

Good business City.

Thats all well and good until you realise that Mahrez isnt fit to lace Sanes boots. Thats not to say that Mahrez isnt a good player and cant be effective for us but 17/18 when we had Leroy on the left and Sterling on the right was the absolute best we have EVER seen from a City side. The Sterling/Mahrez partnership has got nowhere near those levels and I would argue that Sterling looks significantly worse for not having Leroy on the other side.

If as you say, Sane was replaced two years ago, I am less hopeful for next season.

I see nobody is talking about the wages Bayern will pay Sane.

he will be getting more than De Bruyne!!!

Also will be Bayern’s B€ST paid player!

absolute madness if you ask me.

Thats all well and good until you realise that Mahrez isnt fit to lace Sanes boots. Thats not to say that Mahrez isnt a good player and cant be effective for us but 17/18 when we had Leroy on the left and Sterling on the right was the absolute best we have EVER seen from a City side. The Sterling/Mahrez partnership has got nowhere near those levels and I would argue that Sterling looks significantly worse for not having Leroy on the other side.

If as you say, Sane was replaced two years ago, I am less hopeful for next season.

Agreed. When Mahrez plays well, Mahrez plays well. When Sane plays well the whole team plays well.

Remember Silva’s form in the centurions season? His link up play with Sane was delightful and helped to re-invigorated Silva.

I see nobody is talking about the wages Bayern will pay Sane.

he will be getting more than De Bruyne!!!

Also will be Bayern’s B€ST paid player!

absolute madness if you ask me.
They’ve just got a superstar, 120million player coming into his prime for 49m euros. I think they’re pretty comfortable with the overall price.

Just walked the dog past Bayerns Headquarters, You cant move for Sky TV vans down there...

He did well for us, dont wish him any ill. I do know that he will have to hit the ground running, their wanker fans wont put up for his attitude unless hes delivering. If he cant get up for Burnley away, god knows how hell motivate himself for Paderborn or Mainz. Utter joke of a league, from day one, everyone is playing for 2nd place and Europa league places. And Rumminegge reckons we´re ruining football. Right up there with Liverpool in the league of cunce. (and yes I do put United below them) Was hoping PSG would come in for him last minute and blow Bayern away.

Anyway Leroy will either be a world beater like Robben (who hes supposed to replace) or hell be on loan at Wolfsburg in 2 years. Could go either way. I dont wish him any ill personally but would love that shithouse of a club to destruct in a big way.

Again it was the Bernardo and Raheem partnership that was his undoing.
Mahrez was in and out of the side in 2019.
Anyway he is off to another club on more money than Kev.No way is he a better player than Kev.
Base your opinions on KDB and Sane because of the wages. Not Marhez and game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.