Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, the lad has won trophies with us over the past 4 years. Has he ever been a consistent starter? No. Have there been question marks about his attitude and work ethic? Yes, both with us and the National squad. Is he a quality player? On his day, undoubtedly. Will we miss him? Who knows. Do you trust Pep to have made the right decision? 100% yes. So from my perspective, it's thanks for the four years, your time has been and gone, good luck for the future but you're history now so be prepared for some good old fashioned booing banter when we play you in the Champions league next season. Although £385,000 a week will probably soften the blow for him. Auf wiedersehn.
Good post I agree with apart from the "booing banter". We are not dippers. Hopefully we won't boo him when he's a Bayern player.

I actually got my initial post wrong. Sane doesn’t even have to play well to make the whole team better. He just has to be on the pitch making those runs.

Ask any manager in the world who would they prefer to play against Mahrez or Sane, I’d be surprised if 5% of them would say Sane. Ask the same question to every full back in the world and it would be less.
Are you sure you have quoted correctly?.. Either way, today's Mahrez playing for us is better than Sane. No point in referring to a couple of seasons ago as that has long past

Laughable, really. Sane’s two full seasons = champions 198 points. No Sane this season and we’re 20 odd points behind. Just looking at player for player won’t help you, look at how having individual players on the pitch helps the team. Sane is light years ahead of Mahrez in that situation.
Sane's absence isn't the reason we're 20 odd points behind. A contributing factor I agree, but nothing more than that. There's at least half a dozen more reasons for our league position.

Laughable, really. Sane’s two full seasons = champions 198 points. No Sane this season and we’re 20 odd points behind. Just looking at player for player won’t help you, look at how having individual players on the pitch helps the team. Sane is light years ahead of Mahrez in that situation.
Just for clarity, are you saying we are so far behind Liverpool because of Sane not playing? If you are, that is laughable imo

Fairly sure Sterling has been better on the left than the right. Mahrez is a better right winger than Sterling was. Sterling on the left is better/more productive than Sane was. So I’m happy with a Sterling/Mahrez rather than Sane/Sterling.

Sane was a very good option but he wasn’t happy and he wasn’t a starter so everyone moves on.
Shame he’s gone but I don’t blame anyone for it.

Mahrez has been quality all season and more consistent than Sane ever was. Granted hes a more mature player. But people need to rid themselves of early issues they had with him and realise he is one of our best players. Goes past players at ease, no one else in our team can do that

I can see where you're coming from and completely agree with your point on Mahrez at the end, he's been one of our best players this season. However, the point I'm making isn't one of individual quality.

The current partnership of Mahrez and Sterling just doesn't come close to that of the 17/18 partnership of Sterling and Sane. That's when our attack was at it's most potent. One part of your argument that I definitely can't agree on is that Sterling is better on the left. The consistency simply hasn't been there since he made that switch and I don't think it suits his style of play at all.

Are you sure you have quoted correctly?.. Either way, today's Mahrez playing for us is better than Sane. No point in referring to a couple of seasons ago as that has long past

Well of course he's playing better than someone who hasn't played. But Mahrez doesn't improve the team, certainly not to anywhere near the capabilities of Sane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.