General Videogame Thread

I'm coming up to the end of the FF7 remake (based on my knowledge of where it should end, no spoilers yet please). I found the middle part a bit boring but I have to say that i've found the game enjoyable and i'm keen to see Part 2. It should be a bit more open world and it's going to be good to see how the little towns and villages are recreated.

Finally beat shadow of the tomb raider on hardest difficulty. Not difficult in particular, but bloody annoying is the fact that on hardest difficulty you can only save your game at base camps which are every hour or so along. One slip up and you have to replay up to an hour's gameplay.

Glad it's done. Enjoyed the story and will go back and play the others in the reboot now, especially as the second has been put into ps plus for July.

Fancy a change of pace now. Might pick up Stellaris, love the Galactic Civilizations games.

I'm coming up to the end of the FF7 remake (based on my knowledge of where it should end, no spoilers yet please). I found the middle part a bit boring but I have to say that i've found the game enjoyable and i'm keen to see Part 2. It should be a bit more open world and it's going to be good to see how the little towns and villages are recreated.

Roll on 2027 or something! Ha.

Indeed, I was googling this morning and my enthusiasm has been slightly dampened. I'm not really into game trophies, but i'm at the point of going back to Wall Market for the second time and i've only got something like 33% completion on PS4. Presumably the rest is locked behind hard mode?

No idea mate. Big gamer, but no interest in trophies too really so I've not looked. I wouldn't be surprised if some are difficulty tiered though.

Been playing an older classic this week, Dead Space 2 on PC. Such a classic atmospheric game that has stood the test of time. Less said about the 3rd the better.. but I hope they get round to making a 4th one day.

Been playing an older classic this week, Dead Space 2 on PC. Such a classic atmospheric game that has stood the test of time. Less said about the 3rd the better.. but I hope they get round to making a 4th one day.
Don't think they'll be another Dead Space game. EA shut down the studio who made them Visceral Games a couple of years ago.

The story is EA forced Visceral Games to add DLC and multiplayer to Dead Space 3 as EA though single player games were dying out and not profitable, which is ironic seeing as in my opinion EA's last 2 good games in the last 5 years are Dragon Age Inquisition and Jedi Fallen Order which are both single player games.

EA did give the green light to Visceral Games to make a Star Wars game after they got the licence from Disney. The code name was project Ragtag later renamed Star Wars 1313 and the game was shown at E3 back in 2015 or 16 I think however EA again insisted that the game had to have multiplayer, DLC and microtransactions. Visceral refused so EA took them off the project even though the game was around 75% complete. EA moved half the staff to DICE to make Battlefield Hardline( which was shit) and the rest off the staff were in limbo. Around 6 months later EA officially closed the studio permanently.

After the backlash of Battlefront 2 EA then decided a single player Star Wars was wanted by Star Wars fans so they hired Respawn Entertainment who are ex employees of Infinity Ward who made the original COD games and who make the excellent Titanfall games. It was agreed that it was to be a single player game with no multiplayer or MTX. It's an excellent game.

So really Visceral Games were shut down for nothing. EA were totally at fault because of their greed

Finally beat shadow of the tomb raider on hardest difficulty. Not difficult in particular, but bloody annoying is the fact that on hardest difficulty you can only save your game at base camps which are every hour or so along. One slip up and you have to replay up to an hour's gameplay.

Glad it's done. Enjoyed the story and will go back and play the others in the reboot now, especially as the second has been put into ps plus for July.

Fancy a change of pace now. Might pick up Stellaris, love the Galactic Civilizations games.

Been playing this over the last few days too via Ps Now and just platinumed it. Interesting that they wanted to concentrate on the exploration and the puzzle side of it, I admire that approach but overall it’s weaker than the second one imo. Only died a couple of times throughout my entire hard mode play through and every time it was down to some weird glitch. going through the entire oilfield section only to die as you jump to the giant pump right at the end thanks to some weird explosion knocking me off forcing me to do the entire thing again was very annoying

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.