Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We disagree then. Sane was too inconsistent to have the influence you are suggesting

Sane more inconsistent than Mahrez? I am not having that. It has taken Mahrez 18 months to find any semblance of consistency. Even now, he goes from the sublime to the ridiculous within the same game.

Sane is a better player than Mahrez (and Sterling). We are a better team with Sane in the side. Sane is younger and has many more years before reaching his peak.

Not really raz is overpaid 230k raz 200k sane would have been about right

No we paid Raz what we had to because there would have been an endless number of clubs willing to pay him that and more. Likewise with Sane. There would be 15 clubs willing to pay him 300k plus and we tried to pay him 170k.

Tribalism and club defending can only get you so far. I actually think our wage bill and structure is ok and we’ve done well in the main to keep our best players but this one hasn’t been dealt with well.

I think the main difference Sane made was as a sub option.

- dominate for 60 mins and not be able to break a team down - bring on an excellent fresh winger and it just grinds them down even further
- if we were a goal up and a team came hunting, bringing him on as a counter option would stretch the game and usually end with us scoring again.

Unfortunately the games where he should start ahead of Bernardo or Mahrez are increasingly few and far between.

Sane is a left winger and is better than Bernardo, Mahrez and Sterling as a left winger. Saying Sane shouldnt get in the side because of those players is like arguing he shouldnt get in because of Ederson.

Last edited:
Sane more inconsistent than Mahrez? I am not having that. It has taken Mahrez 18 months to find any semblance of consistency. Even now, he goes from the sublime to the ridiculous within the same game.

Sane is a better player than Mahrez (and Sterling). We are a better team with Sane in the side. Sane is younger and has many more years before reaching his peak.
Some people will see what they want to see. If it was Mahrez leaving and Sane staying it would be the other way round all over this site. Objectivity is totally gone from football now.

got up this morning and somebody saying leroy sane is leaving manchester city ? who the fuck is (leroy sane) must have been a bit part player never heard of him

Some people will see what they want to see. If it was Mahrez leaving and Sane staying it would be the other way round all over this site. Objectivity is totally gone from football now.

Its like 17/18 never happened. You know, when we were in my opinion, the best footballing team this country has ever seen and Sane ripped it up and won YPOTY at an absolute canter. Even last season, although a little up and down, still posted G/A figures that any player in his position would rip you hand off for. All while Mahrez had his finger up his arse for a year.

All opinions mate, and all irrelevant now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.