Liverpool (H) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The game gives us the opportunity to put down a marker and remind them we will be there still next season. Also 3 pts less for them in their attempt to beat our points record, which we should be fighting to retain. With the CL to come, it's a chance to put out what Pep feels will be our preferred team in the CL and test ourselves against an excellent side. Their full backs are their main threat, along with runs into the channel. However, every time we play them one of their perceived weaker central midfielders score a 30 yard screamer, so we need to react to the second ball quickest.

When we beat them last season we did so through the high press, matching their intensity and being technically better. That's why Foden should start over Silva because he's so much better at that element of the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rodri, De Bruyne and Gundogan though, with Sterling, Mahrez and Jesus up top. We shall see.

These references to Carragher's spitting reminded me how much players from all teams spit when they're playing. Almost every time you get a close up of a player after an incident, they spit. Why? Is it simply copying what they've seen others do for years or is it coached into players? Does swallowing your own saliva instead of spitting it out give you less energy? I just don't get it. I played football for years & don't ever remember spitting. In these times it seems like a particularly brainless thing to do

I think it's just habit or what they percieve is normal to do. They dont physically need too. It's a bit like when players copying each other wearing hairspray and gel before they get on the pitch.

Klopp will set them up to attack on the break. They don’t want to lose against us after just winning the league. They would be happy for 0-0.

sadly I can see us going all out attack which leaves the long ball on too many times.

im hoping pep goes defensive & rest the likes of Kev for cup games but I don’t see it.

as long as we leave with no injuries I do not care about the result of this game.
We still haven't qualified for champions league, if we're still innit next season of course.

Easy win for City.

Liverpool are good, City will be better though.

Pep Guardiola: "We have a lot of games. Tomorrow we want to make a good performance and take a result and against Southampton to arrive in the best condition for Arsenal. The best way to do this is to play well in the Premier League."

Pep Guardiola on political statements in the #PL: "It’s a question for the Premier League, for the people who banned me. All human causes must be defended. My yellow ribbon was for the prisoners in jail, to ask the people to vote..."

"I’m not allowed to have a yellow ribbon but all the time I bring one. Now with Black Lives matter, we are all encouraged to make our society better

Pep Guardiola on #ManCity having a point to prove in #MCILIV: "You have to prove every time. We are incredibly satisfied with what we have done and doing but for athletes it is never enough. The past is the past, we have entered our memories. The show must go on..."

A new chapter in our lives, we have to live it. The memories are nice but people who say I don’t have to show anything I don’t completely agree, every time you have to do it

"A team was better playing at an outstanding level in every single game. We have to do more. Football helps you to understand and accept that another team is better. You have to use from the last game, for tomorrow and the games we have left

"...and next season to work harder and do better. There were many details [between us & Liverpool]. I think we are not far away as a team but we have to do a little bit more

"We’re going to make Liverpool feel next season, and the other opponents. We'll try to fight with them for the next chapters in the Premier League.

Pep Guardiola on a rivalry with Jurgen Klopp: "As a human being, I don’t know him that well but I admire him and the way that his teams play football. It is a benefit for the world - positive to try to score a goal. This kind of manager helps a lot

No questions about us then

I would love it if we have a massive thunder storm around 20.15hrs on Thursday and it lasted for at least 90mins. There would be no way the referee could even consider starting the game, until it has passed. Plus if we have torrential down pours as well that would hopefully lead to the game being postponed.

I would love it if we have a massive thunder storm around 20.15hrs on Thursday and it lasted for at least 90mins. There would be no way the referee could even consider starting the game, until it has passed. Plus if we have torrential down pours as well that would hopefully lead to the game being postponed.
It's an opportunity to beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.