Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It is understood that Sané will earn approximately £386,000-a-week at Bayern"

So if we offered him a deal in October 2018 for £170k and he rejected that because Raheem was on £300k, imagine how much have we saved in Wages over the last 19 months?? Is it true he's on £90k right this minute? https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-city-f.c/leroy-sane-22866/

So if he's on 90k, and we were being asked to pay at least equal to Sterling.. I think we've saved about £15mil already in wages alone. Or £22.5m if we'd matched Bayerns valuation. No wonder he hardly smiles!!!

He had a very strong 17/18 and was a key player in our successes, but I do recall people were rather surprised Sané won YPOTY at the time. The overall consensus was Sterling was unlucky there.

If we had just paid that for a player who had been out for a year with a cruciate injury and a somewhat questionable attitude I would be concerned. He might fulfil his potential in a one team league, I hugely doubt it.

The bit I don’t understand is the rush to get him out. At some point in the next few weeks we’ll probably be wishing he was on our bench.

If he was behaving like a **** or Bayern were worried about another injury we could have used that to get a bigger fee. If that’s what has happened then their original offer must have been pitiful.
For me personally I'm glad it's over. It's been over a year knowing he's leaving hopefully to see one day he had changed his mind and sign a contract. But I see your point, could you imagine if we kept him until after the Champions League finished? Written in the stars we'd play Bayern.

Just wondering if the timing is a mixture of get what we can now coupled with potential worries from City about the price decreasing towards zero with time, effect on the remainder of the squad and particularly Pep whose original feelings about the attitude of Sane appeared to prevent his selection.
Perhaps BM may worry about leaving him for another season would leave him dissatisfied with their promises.
Maybe both sides may also prefer to get the deal done before the CAS verdict and the full extent of the CV19 impact is felt.

A lot we are not privy to but like others I trust the judgement of ADUG.

You can’t compare him to Sterling in financial terms. Sterling is english so besides the HG quota issue, he is essentially the national teams best player and has a huge following/commercial interest to an english audience.
Sane (despite having potential for being a better player) does not have that here.
Sterling as an asset to an english team is so much more valuable than Sane is.
Fair or not, footballing ability is not the only factor.
Sane was never going to be earning on par with sterling

I wonder if they decided to, sell him now with the CAS verdict in a couple of weeks, fearing the worse.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.