UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Visiting this thread is the equivalent to going back to your mums and her telling you everything is OK and you're the best ever after the mrs has said you're crap in bed, the boss said you're incompetent and you're mates all called you a wanker.

You may be right but I just can't see that the PL would want this battle now. Imagine, City get a points deduction for breaching FFP eight years ago while LFC get off scot free for the criminal hacking of a rival's computer systems. Why would Masters open this can of worms just a few months into his job when he is facing the sport's biggest ever financial crisis?

The PL might not want it (not least because Aguerooooo was one of the most iconic moments in the history of English football, and an event which sent the PL’s stock soaring worldwide), but as we’ve seen with UEFA, the pressure on them from the clubs and their tame media acolytes, will be immense. It’s a multi billion pound business, and if JW Henry & Co thought they could nobble us permanently then I’m sure they’d try.
That said, the only eventuality I could see that happening in, is if CAS were to reduce our ban to 1 year. If we’re exonerated then (obviously) nothing will happen, and a 2 year ban would do the cartel clubs’ work for them. And as we saw with the media’s reaction to the hacking of our scouting databases, beyond the initial Times’ revelation there was virtually no media appetite to run with the story thereafter. I think Tolmie’s Hairdoo said at the time that our owners, who may or may not have leaked the info in the first place, were surprised by its failure to make headlines. Either way, I don’t think Masters would be unduly concerned about opening a can of worms marked ‘City’. You’re right though, he has got bigger fish to fry at the moment

I am sure we have plenty of dirt to throw if we need to. We need as much leverage as we can get in this battle. I suspect that's the main reason why we have kept our powder dry up to this crucial point in our history. Let's hope we have a nuclear deterrent up our sleeve.

I would add that if City have been lying to us fans all along about our innocence in this then I’ll rubber-stamp the 2 year ban myself! Then, if we have serious dirt on other clubs, I want us to take every fucker down with us. And if they start skriking that they can’t afford the financial hit on top of Covid-19 then tell them tough shit as they brought all their own skeletons out of the cupboard themselves the moment they decided to try and fuck us over ;)

The PL might not want it (not least because Aguerooooo was one of the most iconic moments in the history of English football, and an event which sent the PL’s stock soaring worldwide), but as we’ve seen with UEFA, the pressure on them from the clubs and their tame media acolytes, will be immense. It’s a multi billion pound business, and if JW Henry & Co thought they could nobble us permanently then I’m sure they’d try.
That said, the only eventuality I could see that happening in, is if CAS were to reduce our ban to 1 year. If we’re exonerated then (obviously) nothing will happen, and a 2 year ban would do the cartel clubs’ work for them. And as we saw with the media’s reaction to the hacking of our scouting databases, beyond the initial Times’ revelation there was virtually no media appetite to run with the story thereafter. I think Tolmie’s Hairdoo said at the time that our owners, who may or may not have leaked the info in the first place, were surprised by its failure to make headlines. Either way, I don’t think Masters would be unduly concerned about opening a can of worms marked ‘City’. You’re right though, he has got bigger fish to fry at the moment
It won't and can't happen, the PL have different rules and levels and their legislation came in at a different time. There is literally no case to answer

Visiting this thread is the equivalent to going back to your mums and her telling you everything is OK and you're the best ever after the mrs has said you're crap in bed, the boss said you're incompetent and you're mates all called you a wanker.
You leave my life out of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.