Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 million is not bad if you take into consIderation his knee injury. It's our 60 million spend on average defenders that makes it look cheap.

That was a decent post with some good points until you said we'd played hardball with BM. In what way have we been in any control of this situation?

Simple fact that any player that really wants to leave can leave if they are willing to wind down there contract. There is no hardball game to play. He wants out and he will be eventually, it all comes down to when and what we get if anything. We were very unlucky with the knee injury last summer. In hindsight we lost a year of him being with us but such is life.

Not to the degree this guy is suggesting, absolutely not. He was in and out of the team last season and the main reasons for this season's demise are Vinnie, laporte, some uncharacteristic ederson mistakes, fernandinho's positional switch and Bernardo's loss of form following twitter-gate. I don't care what anyone says, Mahrez has been absolutely brilliant this season and we are creating every bit as many chances as previous years but we're missing them (sterling against Chelsea prime example). And in fact we're the league's top scorers & still have a good chance of outscoring last season's tally.

So, no I don't think it's been a "major" factor. It's the other end of the pitch that's let us down.
His goals and assists last season were more than you remember ,his goals v dippers and rags got us over the line

berbatov had sulky laid back demenor,some people just do

The bit I don’t understand is the rush to get him out. At some point in the next few weeks we’ll probably be wishing he was on our bench.

If he was behaving like a **** or Bayern were worried about another injury we could have used that to get a bigger fee. If that’s what has happened then their original offer must have been pitiful.
We need to sell before we can buy I think

Check the figures, Mahrez is churning out better numbers than sane. The Sane thing has been overhyped big time imo. Good player, scored some big goals for us but to say him being injured this year is a major part of us going backwards this season is wide of the mark imo. He's gone, he's angled for it for 18 mths so good riddance, close the thread
You don't have to read or post in here
A player out for a year having less figures than someone playing shocker

How is Balon D'or tied into weekly wages? Do you honestly think he's on 200k + bonus' up to 100k pw based on performances? I'm sure his base salary would be closer to 260k. Especially considering there would be clubs queuing up to pay him way more than that. But it's all relative, ie if Sane was offered 170k pw then how much of that was based on incentives as well? You can't take one offer at face value and another with * all over them.

Due to injury Sterling's stats are better but two years ago when Raz was offered (up to) 300k pw and Sané was offered 170k there was nothing between them. In fact Sané was a year younger, only in his second year in the prem and had a lot less tread on the tyres than Sterling. He also turns up in the biggest games more often than Sterling.

We can argue until the cows come home on the merits of each of them but we put ourselves in a bad position when we offered those two contracts in 2018. No agent in the land would advise you to sign that contract comparative to a teammate with similar stats.
It's not what fans think a players worth is, its the club and clearly, whilst arguments can be made in any direction, the club did not value Sane as being comparable. That can be for non footballing talent reasons.

Someone please just tell me (and apologies if it's in the previous pages), is Sane now eligible to play for Bayern in the CL?

(If so, the outcome is predictable of course: City play Bayern in the final and Leroy gets so dominated by John Stones & Otamendi he gets subbed off after an hour.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.