Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please just tell me (and apologies if it's in the previous pages), is Sane now eligible to play for Bayern in the CL?

(If so, the outcome is predictable of course: City play Bayern in the final and Leroy gets so dominated by John Stones & Otamendi he gets subbed off after an hour.)
No.

Someone please just tell me (and apologies if it's in the previous pages), is Sane now eligible to play for Bayern in the CL?

(If so, the outcome is predictable of course: City play Bayern in the final and Leroy gets so dominated by John Stones & Otamendi he gets subbed off after an hour.)
No he can't play for them at all till next season

Imagine the fallout if the roles had been reversed and City had been openly tapping up a Bayern player for the same duration. The Negativity from our own English journalists would have been through the roof not to mention all the outlets the German rags would have mobilised

You don't have to read or post in here
A player out for a year having less figures than someone playing shocker
What are you even on about about, I'm obviously not comparing them this season . Overall figures, mahrez is more productive so I don't see the loss of sane being a major factor in our decline this year, it's been a defensive clusterfuck.

How is Balon D'or tied into weekly wages? Do you honestly think he's on 200k + bonus' up to 100k pw based on performances? I'm sure his base salary would be closer to 260k. Especially considering there would be clubs queuing up to pay him way more than that. But it's all relative, ie if Sane was offered 170k pw then how much of that was based on incentives as well? You can't take one offer at face value and another with * all over them.

Due to injury Sterling's stats are better but two years ago when Raz was offered (up to) 300k pw and Sané was offered 170k there was nothing between them. In fact Sané was a year younger, only in his second year in the prem and had a lot less tread on the tyres than Sterling. He also turns up in the biggest games more often than Sterling.

We can argue until the cows come home on the merits of each of them but we put ourselves in a bad position when we offered those two contracts in 2018. No agent in the land would advise you to sign that contract comparative to a teammate with similar stats.
Yes? All of our wages are heavily bolstered by bonuses because bonuses aren’t factored in to FFP - it’s how we have a ‘low’ wage bill despite keeping hold of some amazing talent.

And it’s not difficult to do the maths - if his annual salary is £8m standard but £10m if he wins the Balon D’or - you just divide £8m or £10m by 52 to come to his weekly salary.

45 m upfront i think,he will only need one season to win the league and other individual targets,people are blotting out how good he is
How good he was, let's not forget that..

He's unproven since recovering from a bad injury. A gamble other big clubs weren't prepared to gamble on, hence Bayern getting him cheaper than if other clubs got involved. Not too bad a deal from City's perspective. If he gets another bad injury or doesn't fully recover this we'll feel as though we got decent money for him. Time will tell how his career goes.

I wish Sane well but I'm glad he's about to leave as his heart isn't here and hasn't been for about 18 months.

His goals and assists last season were more than you remember ,his goals v dippers and rags got us over the line

berbatov had sulky laid back demenor,some people just do
Yes, I said he scored some big goals for us and was a good player, no doubt about that at all. The context (to borrow a CAS reference) is one poster saying the major reason we have dipped this year has been Sanes injury, that's not the case imo.

Imagine the fallout if the roles had been reversed and City had been openly tapping up a Bayern player for the same duration. The Negativity from our own English journalists would have been through the roof not to mention all the outlets the German rags would have mobilised

I don't know man. As much as we're the easy target in England, nobody really likes Bayern. They'd kick up a fuss in the media and get little to no sympathy.

Sane is a left winger and is better than Bernardo, Mahrez and Sterling as a left winger. Saying Sane shouldnt get in the side because of those players is like arguing he shouldnt get in because of Ederson.

This is a ridiculously over the top comment, actually made me lol.

In what position does Sterling start? The same position in which he played more games, scored more goals and set up more assists than Sane in 17/18 and 18/19. He's better than him as a left winger in our system. He plays the position differently, sure, but my point was we need skill and trickery over raw pace down the outside.

Last edited:
This is a ridiculously over the top comment, actually made me lol.

In what position does Sterling start? The same position in which he played more games, scored more goals and set up more assists than Sane in 17/18 and 18/19. He's better than him as a left winger in our system. He plays the position differently, sure, but my point was we need skill and trickery over raw pace down the outside.

Not sure if you’re on the wind up now.

Sterling has never been as good at LW as Sane and likely never will be. As for skill, trickery and pace, Sane is the full package, far more so than Sterling who relies heavily on speed and has barely beaten a full back all season on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.