Wigan Athletic deducted 3 points (P33)

Wages in the financial year to 2019 (c£20m) were nearly double their £11m turnover. How can the EFL allow a club to do that?

Edit: I didn't realise that Joe Royle is a director and his son Darren is the CEO

yep. 4 years of parachute payments when they got relegated from the PL to get their act together and still had this crazy wage bill v turnover ratio. New owners I think about 4 weeks ago so how they can blame Brexit and other factors is a joke. So many companies blame failure on anything apart from their own failings

I’m from wigan me and I couldn’t give a fuck about that tinpot club, I’m a season ticket holder at the rugby anyway so fuck um, cousins a latics fan and remember him saying how good these new Chinese owners will be, back to the premier league and all that shite - back to the Ryman league more like

There were 10 clubs in Gr M/c of league or recent league status. It is an accident of time and far too many. There are only three in Merseyside with nowt between Blackpool and Cardiff. Mass catchment area. Widnes...St Helens...Warrington full of dippers. Wigan next.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.