Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. Barry and Kolarov only left because the new manager didn’t fancy them, they hadn’t become bad players overnight and their quality warranted significant transfer fees

Dzeko was always a goal machine and was only 29 and had steered clear of serious injuries throughout his career when we sold him. £14m was derisory.
Look at the age, expected wages and contract lengths of the players concerned.
Dzeko was in the middle of a huge slump at City and badly needed a fresh start.
We don't sell decent senior players like him to rivals in England and overseas clubs are not as wealthy.
If we could have got considerably more for Dzeko and Kolarov we would have waited it out but there was no interest from others at the time.

Fair point. I think that one rankled with me as they’d squeezed every last penny out of us for Lescott (worth it) and Stones (less so) - couldn’t we have asked for 2 or 3 mill ?

We could have asked and would have probably been told where to go. The wages we were / are is always our problem offloading players, not in Sane's case tho :(

Sane, one of few players that you know could absolutely terrify a top teams defensive line

His time at City has come to an end. A fantastic contribution. Played with David and KDB in

the same side. I doubt he will ever play again in a side with that combined quality of service.

He will have great performances again im sure, whether he'll attain the heights we thought

possible for him in a blue shirt who knows. I hope he can recover fully from his injury too.

Should we start with Dzeko. 40m minimum, proven top class goal scorer with several years left in him.

Barry, anything up to 10m. Proven top class player with an international pedigree who lived the life and had a lot left to offer

Kolarov 10m, international full back, wand of a left foot, still making regular appearances for a CL chasing club now
And who was going to give us €40m for Dzeko?
A player is worth what the buying club is willing to pay
If there was only one club in for Dzeko and we really needed him off our books (FFP) then we were pretty much screwed
We haven't done too badly since he left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.