UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe I will be 46. I certainly feel old.

Aged 20 years in last four months!

Would love to go back in time machine to have seen those bastards relegated.
Fucking 61 pal, I need to grow up. For what it’s worth I’d like to borrow your time machine and go forward into the near future and see it happen again

It's interesting how people feel about a possible ban. I know it would damage the club. But I also know it would be wrong and therefore a ban has absolutely no bearing on how I feel about my/our club. Those that dislike us will continue to do so regardless. Those with half a brain or more will have seen thru the charade of ffp and any faux punishment regardless. So for me personally the cas determination has no impact. Although I of course want and expect total exoneration.

It's interesting how people feel about a possible ban. I know it would damage the club. But I also know it would be wrong and therefore a ban has absolutely no bearing on how I feel about my/our club. Those that dislike us will continue to do so regardless. Those with half a brain or more will have seen thru the charade of ffp and any faux punishment regardless. So for me personally the cas determination has no impact. Although I of course want and expect total exoneration.
If we purposefully deceived our auditors — which I don’t expect nor believe — I would be profoundly upset and disappointed. Otherwise I agree, and nearly any other outcome would make me support the club even more defiantly.

calling @Prestwich_Blue

PB will explain it in detail, but as a brief outline, we failed FFP, but as it was the first reporting period, if we could prove that contracts signed pre 2010 were the reason for failing, those wages could be deducted from our losses
In the original spreadsheet that we completed and returned to UEFA, after deducting the pre 2010 wages we just about made it, but UEFA sent out a revised spreadsheet where the figures had to be reported slightly differently and after deducting pre 2010 wages we were then a couple of million above allowable losses, which meant all pre 2010 wages were added back, which in turn meant we failed FFP by well over £100M

When you look at the detail the whole thing really does stink.

We were stitched up like a kipper, whether we had missed FFP by hundreds of millions is immaterial given the initial formula they sent would have seen us fail but avoid sanction.

They moved the goal posts. That is the top and bottom of it.

This whole current charade is because they wanted to revisit this time period based on a few misconstrued emails.

We should have challenged in 2014 the same way we have challenged this time. We took a pinch and gave them a level of trust we felt would be reciprocated.

I don’t see any other logical way of looking at it other than the G14 and parts of UEFA being out to stop us.

It really is as simple as that.

If we purposefully deceived our auditors — which I don’t expect nor believe — I would be profoundly upset and disappointed. Otherwise I agree, and nearly any other outcome would make me support the club even more defiantly.

I share this view. If we had deliberately set out to deceive and got away with it, then we will have to face the music now it’s been revisited.

The whole purpose of FFP is flawed regardless. I’m not attempting to justify any potential deception on our part if we did do so, but I could entirely understand the reasoning behind it when you actually sit and look at what FFP was/is and will continue to be.

I share this view. If we had deliberately set out to deceive and got away with it, then we will have to face the music now it’s been revisited.

The whole purpose of FFP is flawed regardless. I’m not attempting to justify any potential deception on our part if we did do so, but I could entirely understand the reasoning behind it when you actually sit and look at what FFP was/is and will continue to be.
To clarify — I actually do not care nor would I have much of a moral problem with us deceiving UEFA because I firmly believe they deceived us by deliberately obfuscating what would and would not be counted as amortizable wages pre-FFP imposition. Not to mention the rules themselves set up to specifically prevent investment and protect the hegemony while allowing “big” but highly-levered clubs to escape risk controls. I would only care if we deceived our auditors from an accounting/financials perspective. Which I am highly confident we did not.

Last edited:
When you look at the detail the whole thing really does stink.

We were stitched up like a kipper, whether we had missed FFP by hundreds of millions is immaterial given the initial formula they sent would have seen us fail but avoid sanction.

They moved the goal posts. That is the top and bottom of it.

This whole current charade is because they wanted to revisit this time period based on a few misconstrued emails.

We should have challenged in 2014 the same way we have challenged this time. We took a pinch and gave them a level of trust we felt would be reciprocated.

I don’t see any other logical way of looking at it other than the G14 and parts of UEFA being out to stop us.

It really is as simple as that.

It’s possible we have actually made reference to this during the hearing because we’ve got a two year ban partly due to it being our 2nd sanction. We could show CAS that the 1st sanction shouldn’t have even happened either. I doubt it would have made up a big part of our case at all but it may have been worth documenting.

To clarify — I actually do not care nor would I have much of a moral problem with us deceiving UEFA because I firmly believe they deceived us by deliberately obfuscating what would and would not be counted as amortizable wages pre-FFP imposition. Not to mention the rules themselves set up to specifically prevent investment and protect the hegemony while allowing “big” but highly-levered clubs to escape risk controls. I would only care if we deceived our auditors from an accounting/financials perspective. Which I am highly confident we did not.

Even if we were creatively accounting around certain sponsorship, which UEFA now believe they missed in the first audit, I’d probably swallow that whilst accepting we have to face the consequence.

The deception, if any, accounting or otherwise, would have always been done with a view to moving around a ridiculous and elitist policy.

It’s poor practice and grossly unprofessional, but I could still understand the reasoning.

As it is I’m in agreement with you so far as being confident we haven’t done any of the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.