I sense trouble on Thursday

Here in the States I often come across people who ask me about Liverpool and it’s physical and cultural relationship to Manchester. I simply tell them it’s basically a far-flung and somewhat backward, western exurb of Manchester. It’s like Reading is to London, Newark is to NYC or Oakland is to San Francisco. It will never compete with the alpha city, but tries to legitimize itself and get benefit and validation from its proximity.

Makes them sound like the 'plucky underdogs' they aren't.

If you've not been banned from the Lamb.you are considered posh in Eccles.
Funny area. Monton is a bit pretend posh, Patricroft and Eccles a bit like shameless, and as you head up to worsley it's all fur coat and no knickers posh again. My lasting memory of living there for a year or two is that it was full of rags.

Funny area. Monton is a bit pretend posh, Patricroft and Eccles a bit like shameless, and as you head up to worsley it's all fur coat and no knickers posh again. My lasting memory of living there for a year or two is that it was full of rags.
Ellesmere Park is even more fur coat. I used wonder if the Chatsworth Estate in Shameless was a piss take of the snobs in Chatsworth Rd.
I was stuck behind a car at the M602 roundabout which had a dirty big poster with that crap of Cantonas about seagulls in fancy illuminated script . The driver was a daft young bird with a superior look on her face but like everyone else didnt have a clue what it was about.
By contrast lve seen a car with 'Follow me to Salford RLFC the REAL Red Devils' in the back.

Bad news lads

Scousers already spotted this morning in the Greater Manchester area trying to fit in with locals in City blue

JS133677456.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.