UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s possible we have actually made reference to this during the hearing because we’ve got a two year ban partly due to it being our 2nd sanction. We could show CAS that the 1st sanction shouldn’t have even happened either. I doubt it would have made up a big part of our case at all but it may have been worth documenting.

If there is legal cause for UEFA reopening an old audit after the deadline, and it seems there has been, then I’d be pretty confident we could revisit and produce any relevant documentation ourselves from that time period.

I’m sure could demonstrate that goal posts were moved, but ultimately it would be immaterial to the latest sanction.

It's interesting how people feel about a possible ban. I know it would damage the club. But I also know it would be wrong and therefore a ban has absolutely no bearing on how I feel about my/our club. Those that dislike us will continue to do so regardless. Those with half a brain or more will have seen thru the charade of ffp and any faux punishment regardless. So for me personally the cas determination has no impact. Although I of course want and expect total exoneration.
This, in my opinion, is an fair way to think about the current ffp (CAS) situation but to me it is not what guides my thinking. For me, it is about the principle of the honesty of the club‘s top people. I totally believe them when they say that the club has done nothing wrong and that if the facts (and only the facts) are used to determine the CAS outcome we will be totally exonerated. If the CAS decision does not totally absolve us from any wrong doing, I expect the club to take it to the highest legal court. If we do not, then the principle of the club’s honesty will have been broken AND once broken can never again be mended.
The club’s top hierarchy have put their reputations on the line and I hope that my belief in their integrity is not damaged in any way. I am sure that my belief will be sustained in the days, months and years to come. I have been a city supporter for well over 50 years but this is a (THE) watershed moment for me.

It’s possible we have actually made reference to this during the hearing because we’ve got a two year ban partly due to it being our 2nd sanction. We could show CAS that the 1st sanction shouldn’t have even happened either. I doubt it would have made up a big part of our case at all but it may have been worth documenting.

Be interesting to hear what the Legal Beagles view on that is mate, as I see it there is a direct correlation and bearing, and, if as stated many times the case is being heard 'De Novo', then why shouldn't it.

Pep dropping qualifying for the CL in again.

He is 100% making a point of this. I'm not one to look for messages, but no way would he be focusing on this so much if the CAS thing wasn't ongoing, he'd be saying finish second, finish as high in the table, get maximum points etc etc. he is using the words Champions League deliberately, imho.

When you look at the detail the whole thing really does stink.

We were stitched up like a kipper, whether we had missed FFP by hundreds of millions is immaterial given the initial formula they sent would have seen us fail but avoid sanction.

They moved the goal posts. That is the top and bottom of it.

This whole current charade is because they wanted to revisit this time period based on a few misconstrued emails.

We should have challenged in 2014 the same way we have challenged this time. We took a pinch and gave them a level of trust we felt would be reciprocated.

I don’t see any other logical way of looking at it other than the G14 and parts of UEFA being out to stop us.

It really is as simple as that.
Possibly we also should be able to reopen historical agreements that we made under duress.?
Perhaps our defence includes.a lot more of what happened then that ADUG collected?

Makes me feel old. I was there in the scoreboard end that game. It was a tad tetchy outside afterwards

Makes me feel even older. I was on a business trip to Switzerland and in those pre-media saturation times it wasn't until I was at Zurich airport that I saw a local paper with an aticle headed "Manchester United jetzt zweiklassig" that I knew the rags had gone down. I yelped "Yesss!" much to the consternation of other people in the vicinity.

In a court I don't think you can claim that you shouldn't have been punished for something that you admitted to (which accepting the original punishment in effect did). No idea whether that would apply to CAS though.

The rags sent us down? I had no idea that ever happened

It was a big blow but it was the 6-1 defeat at West Ham on the last day of the season that actually nailed the coffin sent us down. The 8-1 defeat at Wolves on the opening day didn't augur well for that season either. The rags were shite that season as well but still managed to win the FA Cup. At least we beat them in the swamp derby.

Be interesting to hear what the Legal Beagles view on that is mate, as I see it there is a direct correlation and bearing, and, if as stated many times the case is being heard 'De Novo', then why shouldn't it.
Personally, I doubt we'd have raised this point save to say that the settlement closed a dispute on both sides. IMO, our issue remains that if CAS endorses UEFA's case, it effectively says the club concealed and deceived. In that case, I just can't see how it doesn't also endorse 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.