City to give Liverpool guard of honour

Robertson is that bully we all remember in school. He wasn't the toughest but he'd be all mouth in front of lads who'd kick his arse but because he was in the hardest gang he thought he could get away with it. Until you catch him on his own and kick the shite out of him before he goes running to his mates. A complete coward

I think the guard of honour is to our benefit more than theirs. They'll lap it up of course, but that will make it hurt. I know if I had to do it, I'd be fuming and it would make me desperate to go and taste success again. We have the FA Cup and CL with which to still do it. And should we win the CL, all the talk about Liverpool's greatness gets brought back down to earth for us blues (the press will ignore it).

2 x League titles
2 x FA Cup
3 x League Cup
1 x CL

In three seasons.

Or 1 x League and 1 x CL. There's no argument which is the better side, despite the points haul.

We should want to defend our points record and beat them to do our best at preventing them in surpassing 100. You look back and we had the Huddersfield game and that game vs the rags where we should have added 5 points to our tally. But we still smashed it and for me the goal difference was evidence of how great we were, further to the 100pts. Liverpool still can't get near us for the number of goals scored.

To be honest Robertson is exactly the kind of shithouse every team should have.

He's not a dirty player, just a wind up merchant and that just adds to the drama and excitement of the game, it's just incredibly frustrating when you're on the receiving side and they win.

I agree for the most part but I'm not into pushing people into the advertising boards and he does that shit all the time. It's a proper coward's move and I seriously hope someone knocks him out every time he does it but that's never going to happen.

All the rest of the shit just to wind people up and get under their skin is perfectly fine (if anything it adds to the entertainment) but he could seriously injure someone doing that and then we'd have to listen to Liverpool fans telling everyone about how traumatic the experience would have been and how we should feel sorry for him.

We'll do it with class because it's City and as much as it pains me to say it they deserve it but without it being too obvious I would like it if the respect shown is recognised by comparing it with a coach attack......

Suck it up, short term pain for long term gain.

We didn't give ourselves a proper platform to contend, it only hurts because the rest of the Premier League is so unbelievably shit right now that we could still be sat here celebrating a third title on the bounce despite those poor results.

United got an extra three or four titles as a result of that quality drop. Liverpool's consistent results didn't afford us the same luxury.
Just glad they won it last week

To be honest Robertson is exactly the kind of shithouse every team should have.

He's not a dirty player, just a wind up merchant and that just adds to the drama and excitement of the game, it's just incredibly frustrating when you're on the receiving side and they win.
I could never understand why we never went for him when he was ripping up that left flank for Hull.I`d have him in a heartbeat as our regular left back,irrespective of whether he`s a knob.

If I was City player I think I might be looking at the ground and fake clapping to add to the silence :)

I think the guard of honour is to our benefit more than theirs. They'll lap it up of course, but that will make it hurt. I know if I had to do it, I'd be fuming and it would make me desperate to go and taste success again. We have the FA Cup and CL with which to still do it. And should we win the CL, all the talk about Liverpool's greatness gets brought back down to earth for us blues (the press will ignore it).

2 x League titles
2 x FA Cup
3 x League Cup
1 x CL

In three seasons.

Or 1 x League and 1 x CL. There's no argument which is the better side, despite the points haul.

We should want to defend our points record and beat them to do our best at preventing them in surpassing 100. You look back and we had the Huddersfield game and that game vs the rags where we should have added 5 points to our tally. But we still smashed it and for me the goal difference was evidence of how great we were, further to the 100pts. Liverpool still can't get near us for the number of goals scored.

If we win the CL, I can't wait to see Howard Hockin retweeting all the journalists with their articles from last year about how the CL is a much bigger achievement than the league.

Oddly, I haven't heard Gary Neville opining that to be a great side you need to win back to back titles recently, like he was in 2018 when we got 100 points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.