Real Madrid 2nd leg - how?!

So why do Sky lead with "UEFA conirm that Manchester City will have to play Real Madrid in Portugal....."

Why not have, UEFA have confirmed Manchester City WILL play their second leg quarter final tie at the Etihad unless..."

No agenda...?
I suggest you read all the message as Sky DO suggest IF it cannot go ahead at The Etihad ie Government policies and procedures.You are looking at it far too negatively.

There is no "pressure" on us.Its down to the Government to confirm that there should be no issues and the match should go ahead as planned.
Disagree, there is loads of pressure on us.... agree we need to be compliant, but n the current political environment it is highly likely we will have travel agreements with Spain, less likely Portugal, so we have the worry and uncertainty whereas Madrid... they know they're going to have to travel...

I suggest you read all the message as Sky DO suggest IF it cannot go ahead at The Etihad ie Government policies and procedures.You are looking at it far too negatively.
Yes, I dis read the whole banner, but why start on the negative for City.

Had this been United you can be certain they would have said... "UEFA confirm Manchester United's tie against Real Madrid will take place at Old Trafford subject to..."

Well I wouldn't hold your breath then for us to have an answer by the date stipulated from UEFA. Not sure what will happen if we dont meet the deadline. Can they take it out of our hands and make us play it in Portugal?
There is no "pressure" on us.Its down to the Government to confirm that there should be no issues and the match should go ahead as planned.

Well I wouldn't hold your breath then for us to have an answer by the date stipulated from UEFA. Not sure what will happen if we dont meet the deadline. Can they take it out of our hands and make us play it in Portugal?
Yes if we cannot guarantee the safety of their team.But again its down to our Government to show that as a country we are compliant in ensuring the safety of visitors to our shores,whether it be for tourism or sporting events.

Haven't UEFA said they need the decision by next week, putting pressure on us. Situation is a movable feast with COVID. What's to say Portugal dont have to go back into lockdown again?
Haha....City tell UEFA we will play the game at home, mini- lockdown in Manchester, Game awarded to Madrid 3-0.

Job done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.