#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost a decade on there hasn't been a midfielder in the world who can do what Yaya did at his peak.

One of the most technically gifted players in the world, vision, creativity, free kick ability, long range goals, pace and power to beat players, impossible to get the ball off, played CB in a Champions League final at the drop of a hat and had the stamina and fitness to play 90 minutes 50 times a season without ever picking up a major injury.

Quite simply irreplaceable, and it'll be a long time before anyone comes close.

He couldn't head the ball for shit though.

Kev can do things better, but he doesn't have the Barcelona-style close control, 1 touch ability, and he's susceptible to losing the ball when pressed, whereas Yaya would just put his body between the defender and the ball and frustrate them anytime someone got close. Yaya just had such a well rounded game.

I really think if Yaya's brother hadn't died in 2014 we would have had another couple of seasons of that performance and another few trophies. He was just never the same after Ibrahim died.

I also wonder where he'd be in the pantheon of world football if his agent hadn't stuck him out in Ukraine for 4 years.

I completely agree.

The thing that sets De Bruyne apart from anyone I can remember seeing is simply striking the ball. And I don't think I'm doing his other attributes a disservice because he's great all round but the variety of ways he hits it - set pieces, on the move, volleys, weak foot, laces, outside of the boot - is insane. Honestly the most versatile and clean striker of the ball I can remember seeing. Juninho Pernambucano was an absolute master at nearly every type of free kick you can think of and Kev has managed to do that in open play.

I completely agree.

The thing that sets De Bruyne apart from anyone I can remember seeing is simply striking the ball. And I don't think I'm doing his other attributes a disservice because he's great all round but the variety of ways he hits it - set pieces, on the move, volleys, weak foot, laces, outside of the boot - is insane. Honestly the most versatile and clean striker of the ball I can remember seeing. Juninho Pernambucano was an absolute master at nearly every type of free kick you can think of and Kev has managed to do that in open play.

He's also almost completely two footed, he can and has hit all of those shots and crosses with both feet.

I prefer him playing higher, but I think Pep utilizes him differently based on the opposition.

Teams press us high: Kevin plays higher, and his partner (Gundogan) plays deeper, so Kevin can spray passes to the forwards and be in goal opportunities more often

Teams sit back all game: Kevin plays deeper than his partner, David; who is better at operating between the lines, and Kevin can cross more

He SHOULD be our first PFA Player of the Year. What a player! Best midfielder in the world, most complete player in the world and a true privilege to see play each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.