COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say most people in supermarkets walk or stand well within 2m of other people at a high regularity.

Id day social distancing in supermarkets is about 1.25m at most.

Staff in supermarkets do not distance at all, they stand side by side and will brush past shoppers worse than shoppers do with each other.
Yes, which is probably the reason masks in Scottish shop becoming mandatory.

not sure you mean to or not but you don't half come across as snide/jealous, just because scotland appear to have done it a bit better than bubble head Boris
Not snide or jealous at all but thanks for your input

Yes, but Wales is smaller and they are in a much bigger mess. So its not entirely that.

The lack of huge urban sprawl outside the Glasgow/Edinburgh corridor is a big help as it is the conurbations where it spreads rapidly. England is an obvious target on any global league table for that reason. Same reason Belgium was disproportionately impacted. And why the US is getting it bad but in a slower fashion because it has multiple urban sprawls that are separated by large open spaces the size of the entire British Isles.

Our island status and several week head start as the virus spread north throughout Europe was an opportunity. But we either chose not to or realistically could not seal off the borders in a global community such as we live in. Certainly not for the duration of a pandemic like this is proving.

As far as i am aware Scotland has almost 1000 more deaths than Wales, also with a lower population. Most countries with low populations and large areas of well... nothing like Scotland and wales will find it easier. Although Sturgeon comes across as a bit smug, telling people to ignore the advice of England whilst generally being dismissive of the approach we took. It easy to say how well you have done and patting your own back, but the local commuter traffic in London alone is more than Scotland's entire population.
I accept that the government acted way to late, but i fear the economy was then and is now the main priority. Public health is all well and good, but money is being harmed. We all know who wins that little debate.

pretty much, young, fit and healthy is very rare in these deaths

Always has been really. Might not have seemed that way at times as the press generally make a story out of a younger healthy person dying than an older person who was in pretty bad health before.

Possibly under control because they don't have as many idiots as we do in England or because wee Jimmy waits for Boris to make a move, sees how it pans out here and then dependent on how good or bad it is then makes the decision for Scotland. Either way the situation up there albeit with vastly smaller population and density is better than we have it in England. Although I would say that the worry is the deaths in setting outside of hospital. Is it the case that care homes are still struggling or are these people dying anyway and it's easy to blame Covid. Notice that number of deaths is roughly back to normal despite Covid.
She has been very forceful and very clear and much more of a leader when she speaks,makes all the difference to how people behave

Always has been really. Might not have seemed that way at times as the press generally make a story out of a younger healthy person dying than an older person who was in pretty bad health before.
That is not true,they reported across the board,it is also not just about one person of any age dying,it is because of who they spread it to

8 deaths and 41 new cases in Wales. Emphasising my point about the trouble that nation is still in

Multiply up by difference in population to England and that 8 would be about 140. Not 35 as England had.

More new record lows in the adds on for England hospital deaths today too.

The 5 day total for 27 June is just 24.

And just 2 on the day for July 1 - so that means a single figure number (9) (5 + 2 _+ 2) over the last 3 day period has occurred for the first time since the start of the pandemic.

The England hospital death figures are not showing any real evidence of a pattern other than a slow fall.

Outside of hospital might be another matter.

The all settings figure last week was 149.

UK hospital total is 44 minus Ireland (likely to be zero or 1) Last Thursday it was 62.

So there will need to be a lot of out of hospital add ons to go over the all settings from a week ago. But that happened yesterday.

Last edited:
I’d say most people in supermarkets walk or stand well within 2m of other people at a high regularity.

Id day social distancing in supermarkets is about 1.25m at most.

Staff in supermarkets do not distance at all, they stand side by side and will brush past shoppers worse than shoppers do with each other.

On a personal level I am finding that the worst for infringing on my social distancing space are the elderly. I will ensure keeping a good distance from them. Had an instance at the garden centre the other day in which I tried to let an elderly lady pass safely to head to the car park but instead she just wouldn't stop coming towards me despite the exit being the other way. It must have looked quite comical on CCTV, backing away across half of the garden centre forecourt from a masked up old lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.