Holiday advice

It get really cold here in the Winter, I've seen it below -40c on several occassions, but just up the road is a little place called 'Island Park'...you might want to consider a visit
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_Park,_Idaho

excellent! I’ll put that on the list, thanks

We lived in Helsinki for a few years and got to -36, then managed -42 in Ivalo, it’s fine, anything past -15 just feels the same.

Just had a look at our holiday to Rhodes in October, we paid £375 each, 10 days ago tui were charging £425 each, today it's £630 each. Robbing twats, if they did a bookie type cashout I'd be out with a tidy profit.

Flight only deals however, with low cost a carriers are dirt cheap, couple of mates have booked Manchester to Copenhagen mid August for £40 return.

So if thinking of traveling later this summer fight only options seem the way forward & perhaps pick up accommodation closer to the time.

Just had a look at our holiday to Rhodes in October, we paid £375 each, 10 days ago tui were charging £425 each, today it's £630 each. Robbing twats, if they did a bookie type cashout I'd be out with a tidy profit.

Flight only deals however, with low cost a carriers are dirt cheap, couple of mates have booked Manchester to Copenhagen mid August for £40 return.

So if thinking of traveling later this summer fight only options seem the way forward & perhaps pick up accommodation closer to the time.

Hope your mates are aware that Copenhagen is a very expensive city, although it is a fantastic place.

Hope your mates are aware that Copenhagen is a very expensive city, although it is a fantastic place.
They/we've been to Denmark many times bud, they'll be staying with our mate in Odense after he picks them up, but yeah it's certainly not the cheapest place even if you know where to duck & dive.

Wonder if he planes are going to have to be redesigned with protective screens or protective equipment for passengers will be designed if this doesn’t sort out soon.

I'm tempted to go for a city break (Monday to Friday) in August / September. Needs to be cheap because the week I'm thinking, we should've been in Spain but delayed it by a year because of Covid.

Berlin and Madrid look decent. I need somewhere that my kids (high school age) will enjoy.

excellent! I’ll put that on the list, thanks

We lived in Helsinki for a few years and got to -36, then managed -42 in Ivalo, it’s fine, anything past -15 just feels the same.
You must have some dodgy senses going on mate. Down to -20’C is ok in a dry climate. Once you get below -30’C it starts to feel effin dangerous and below -40’C the film of water on your eyes starts freezing and it’s a ‘whole level of different’ to -15’C. You can ski nicely in -15’C. I tried at -35’C and was very cold after one run, and I had all the right gear on.

I'm tempted to go for a city break (Monday to Friday) in August / September. Needs to be cheap because the week I'm thinking, we should've been in Spain but delayed it by a year because of Covid.

Berlin and Madrid look decent. I need somewhere that my kids (high school age) will enjoy.

I know Berlin well. It’s an educational trip as it’s full of history. It doesn’t feel like a busy capital city. Everything is very spread out. Public transport excellent too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.