Liverpool (H) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I only see a Liverpool win unless all.our players put in a peak performance. They are better than us at the moment, especially in defence and attack. The result of course isn't majorly important but it would be nice to win.
I don’t really know from where you are getting that they are better than us “at the moment”?

Here is a comparison of our last 10 matches (all comps) by match goal difference (“|” represents the league pause):

Liverpool: +1 +1 -1 +1 -3 -2 +1 -1 | 0 +4 = +1 GD (+4 since restart)
Man City: +2 +1 +1 +1 +1 -2 | +3 +5 -1 +2 = +13 GD (+9 since restart)

And that’s not even looking at chances created, goals scored, and clean sheets in that period, all of which we also best them in. And we’ve only conceded 2 more goals than Liverpool since the restart (having played two more games), which would not be true if any Everton player could manage to kick a ball remotely toward an open net. Of course, we have played two more games than them, but that actually makes the argument for our being in better form even stronger since it’s easier to gauge that from 4 games v 2 games and reflects that we have also been able to continue in more competitions than them (their season is effectively over, whilst we can still win two more trophies if everything goes well).

At worst, we are in better form based on points won v points available since the restart (75% v 66%) after playing teams with an average league position of 8th and combined season GD of 0 (only one of them outside the top 10), whilst Liverpool have played teams with an average league position of 12th and combined GD of -16 (neither in the top 10). If we average our respective GD since the restart, we also slightly edge it (+2.25 v +2).

TL;DR:
Based on performances and stats, we have been measurably *better* over the last ten matches and at least *slightly* better since the restart.

Now, that is not to say that we will definitely win today — anything could happen in this fixture. But there’s not much supporting evidence for them being better than us “at the moment” — in fact, all evidence points to the opposite.

Just sent a link through Corals to answer four questions on tonight’s game, last question was about cards received this season, apparently we have more than double the amount of the dippers......the tactical foul narrative is working a treat for them
Robertson has one yellow maybe two,that tells a story

Funny how all the media is still trying to hype this up as best they can when neither set of fans really gives a shit about the result. It’s a meaningless game but they’ll still be a bite to it at least at the start. We’ve lost our title that should be motivation enough for us to want to prove a point that we’re still the best side in this country if no longer the most consistent and Liverpool will want to get all the records even though nobody will take them as legitimate records after what’s happened this season. Hope I’m wrong but I think they will want it a bit more than us, players and probably Pep will have staying fit for the two cups in mind. If we had a crowd I think it would be a different story entirely, the fans would demand the intensity and we would steamroll them for the first 30 minutes and hope we can actually take a few chances.

Sterling to finally have a good game against them with no crowd?

I don’t really know from where you are getting that they are better than us “at the moment”?

Here is a comparison of our last 10 matches (all comps) by match goal difference (“|” represents the league pause):

And that’s not even looking at chances created, goals scored, and clean sheets in that period, all of which we also best them in. And we’ve only conceded 2 more goals than Liverpool since the restart (having played two more games), which would not be true if any Everton player could manage to kick a ball remotely toward an open net. Of course, we have played two more games than them, but that actually makes the argument for our being in better form even stronger since it’s easier to gauge that from 4 games v 2 games and reflects that we have also been able to continue in more competitions than them (their season is effectively over, whilst we can still win two more trophies if everything goes well).

At worst, we are in better form based on points won v points available since the restart (75% v 66%) after playing teams with an average league position of 8th and combined season GD of 0 (only one of them outside the top 10), whilst Liverpool have played teams with an average league position of 12th and combined GD of -16 (neither in the top 10). If we average our respective GD since the restart, we also slightly edge it (+2.25 v +2).

TL;DR:
Based on performances and stats, we have been measurably *better* over the last ten matches and at least *slightly* better since the restart.

Now, that is not to say that we will definitely win today — anything could happen in this fixture. But there’s not much supporting evidence for them being better than us “at the moment” — in fact, all evidence points to the opposite.
Will you marry me ?

4 - 1 us and it's not close. They have more to lose than us in what is otherwise a meaningless game. We will be looser and our pride will be on the line. Their players are already on a beach somewhere in their heads.

Marker for next season laid.

I am avoiding sky like the plaque tonite,u doubt Americans once will be much better,last resort there is a good chine s one with English commentary that I stumbled on last week,no half time analysis,bliss
Just been through my box and found 8 new channels for the match. I use liveonsat for guide. Dazn, SuperSport and a few others just show 1st half highlights at half time but be careful, McMinimum and Owen both pop up on SuperSport now and again..

TL;DR:

Good work

TL;DR:

By "At the moment" I meant over the season and they are 23 point ahead of us. We are probably the more attractive team to watch but they have developed a system that is highly effective, proven by only having dropped 7 points I think so far. Their style is one we struggle with, a strong defence and fast on the break. Wolves and the rags play a similar style and it is no coincidence we have also lost home and away to both.

I am avoiding sky like the plaque tonite,u doubt Americans once will be much better,last resort there is a good chine s one with English commentary that I stumbled on last week,no half time analysis,bliss
You been to the dentist today ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.