Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easily good enough to be first or second reserve for next season.

Laporte
A. Another
Ake
Fern
Garcia

Less a serious injury that would put is right

Overall good performance. Passed well, made a crucial interception at the end of the first half.

Also Made some mistakes, gave away the ball a few times But he’s a kid it’s expected.

clearly good enough to be 3rd choice CB.

I never really seem to notice him on the pitch, he reads things exceptionally and just gets on with things with quiet efficiency. A world-class defender in the making.

He's more than ready in my opinion, we don't need to spend big money for a RCB. Let him play now, let him gain the experience and you've got a world class central defender in 1-2 years. We've got Fernandinho for the next year if he suffers a dip in form, we also have Adaradiayo to come back as well.

I never really seem to notice him on the pitch, he reads things exceptionally and just gets on with things with quiet efficiency. A world-class defender in the making.

agreed. A couple years learning from Laporte and hopefully Koulibaly then he’ll be top top class.

I'm sorry I had to ruin the party but he was average in my opinion today. He is slow, not physical enough and of course too short. People here are exaggerated with the expectations of him, he is not yet at the level of a starter player at City. Maybe in two- three years
You’ve been in this thread calling him an overhyped player for months now. Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, but this one’s aged especially poorly.

Easily good enough to be first or second reserve for next season.

Laporte
A. Another
Ake
Fern
Garcia

Less a serious injury that would put is right

Overall good performance. Passed well, made a crucial interception at the end of the first half.

Also Made some mistakes, gave away the ball a few times But he’s a kid it’s expected.

clearly good enough to be 3rd choice CB.
Given the current alternatives, he’s easily good enough to be the starting partner for Laporte.

By the way, I’ll have to check later when the match stats are published, but I think he had the most clearances (aerial and ground) of any City player, and perhaps any player in general.

He gave away the ball a few times, but so did quite a few other players, as that is the purpose the ‘gegenpress’ (don’t listen to the nonsense narrative that Liverpool weren’t really trying tonight).

I thought he was assured beyond his years and looked a good partner to Laporte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.