#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind people criticising, the only thing that annoys me is the really aggressive, definitive proclamations. I think it's clear he's not at his best since the lockdown, but for some reason, people feel the need to say after any bad game he's never, ever going to be good enough, we were mugs for buying him, he needs to be sold, how could Pep ever drop Aguero for him etc. etc.

People just need to chill out a bit and critique what's going on in the present without deciding it's got to be extrapolated out forever and improvement isn't possible.
Yeah I wrote a big long post about that a few pages back. Discussion and criticism is fine but it's the determination to write a City player off that just seems so disappointing. And it's always the same people like they have a point to prove. It's just odd that they're willing a City player to fail for the sake of pride.

I don't think he's fit.

I've been thinking about him coming off today and not starting Chelsea, and his overall game so far post-lockdown and I just think he's not physically up to speed.

I know he spent the lockdown in Brazil, I wonder if he just didn't stay fit. Don't know if that's through lack of discipline or equipment, or just not being under the club's watchful eye like everyone else was.

Did he come back late as well?
Don't really know when Brazil had its corona outbreak but he might've catched it which still affects his fitness. Because he's been very underwhelming since the restart.

Always on the verge of something.

A good scoring run, confidence, starting striker, consistency.

Never seems to quite make it happen though.

Love him and want him to succeed but it doesn't look like happening.

I am not calling him because I would him to start scoring for fun.

We have to be realistic here, we will need to replace the most prolific striker in our history and one of the very best in the premier league

At the minute Jesus does not look like hitting that level. This is the time he should now be kicking on and proving that he is the one to take over

I’m having doubts. The offsides have been there from the start and he is just not learning. He had a couple of great chances last night that he spoilt by going a fraction too early. He always works hard but must back that up with tangible results, goals and assists. Every other forward player is doing that and he has to start soon or he will always only be a second string forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.