Liverpool (H) Post-Match Thread

my points about our midfield were completely justified by the first 20 odd minutes. Gundogan gave the ball away at least 3 times in extremely dangerous areas and Ederson saved twice in seconds after Walker had initiailly given it away and then Mendy proceeded not clear the ball Rodri also got caught a couple of times in this period as well off another give away by our midfield getting pressed they hit the post.

This time we survived it and got away with it and them smashed them after that. We actually in the first half did a Liverpool on Liverpool. We then proceeded to play them off the park but again with some mistakes and very close calls (mane should have scored from another give away by our defense/midfield)
You are an utter muppet simon. Doom and fucking gloom. Singling out the players you don’t like for your usual criticism, as fucking despicable as it is predictable. We just smashed the champions 4 0 and you make it sound like we were lucky. You are alarmingly despondent and I actually feel sorry for you

YESSS feckin awesome CITY. We won the league with 6 games to go and we didn't stop. Like Klopp in meltdown now he built the game up
thinking with all the games city have played in the last fortnight his strongest 11 would smash us. Now he's paranoid of the questions put to him by the media and even admits half is players don't drink so thats not an excuse.
i fookin love you city, you make all my doubts go away.
Tyler 78mins..."SALAH" and Edison put his cap on it.... silence.
HAHAHAHA the best team to ever win the prem (danny murphy) yet still not the top goal scorers in that league!
MCFC i feckin love you

I’ve never known a team to look so threatening knocking 40 yard straight balls. Same with those diagonals from the full backs, and Henderson hooking crosses in from just outside the box. They press you high and force you into mistakes, hassle, push and shove and win balls back in dangerous areas.

There is absolutely nothing technical about the way they play, in fact it’s pretty 1 dimensional and boring on the eye.

I’ve said all season that both teams on song, we are better. That is weird when we are 20 points behind but that is the way a lot of people see it.

They’ve had some serious help, and have scraped games 1 nil. Fine margins and when you drop stupid points like we have it can look a bit ugly.

Kevin, Phil and Mendy were outstanding. We have played better than that this season and lost.

I actually rarely post in the match day thread - i did tonight but its rare as Im usually watching the game so again you are wrong.

Liverpool had 3-4 chances before we scored (including hitting the post) - that had nothing to do with unlukcy - it was to do with mistakes by our players - the very ones i pointed out before the match. go and re watch it and you will see.

I understand some fans cannot take even the slightest bit of criticism or opinion that may make it look like we aint perfect but in the first 20 mins we got away with it on a number of occasions and if you cant see that (or wont) then thats your problem. This isnt negative its just a fact.

I agree we also created a lot of chances - it could have been 6-7 tonight with one being cleared off the line as it was going in and one good goal disallowed by the most ridiculous interpritation of the handball rule (that also funnily happened to spurs as well this evening)

The point that maybe either Im not making very well or people are missing is that when we play Liverpool (and a couple of other similar teams) we have come undone before cause of the points I made before the game - tonight that happened again BUT we got a way with it down to some good keeping, poor finishing/first touches and the post also saving us. Previously Liverpool have been lethal in those situations and they have punished us. We always create chances BUT if they had scored first (like in the past) it could have been a very different game. As i said in a differnt post, if you weather the first 20-25 mins against liverpool then they usually slack of a little in their pressing and you have a much better chance - and tonight that happened

Simple Simon !!

Negatives: always praising Gundo, but he had the worst game in City shirt (for me at least); we were very sloppy playing from the back, the result masks it out , but I don't remember so many passes going directly to opposition; Rodri is becoming a conundrum to solve, an excellent player, but how I see it he would be much better operating for Mourinho or Klopp; and the worst of all, f...ing realisation I wont be on the terraces seeing Merlin playing for us ever again.
Positives: beating this lot always means happy days; KdB; Garcia's coming of age;....and Phil moving to a completely different realm, it's actually scary to imagine how good he might become.

we have the better technical players by a country mile, their heavy metal football needs the roar of the crowd to get them going

so pleased we kept a clean sheet, that twat tyler was desperate fro them to score, nomark

yep & how many times did that twat mention they haven’t scored an away goal since Feb?
That’s all he went on about second half aswell as the skunk haircut being sent off after he tried to slice eddie’s face off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.