Liverpool (H) Post-Match Thread

Liverpool fans not happy with our guard of honor, according to the MEN.
Didn't see much wrong with it myself.
As for the game could have gone either way in the first 20 mins, but after the pen there was only going to be one team winning!
Cheeky twats. Not one of their players even made eye contact with one of ours. Utterly fucking classless like the vermin that support them

For someone his age to come off a concussion lay off straight into this game and just about manage to keep pace in just his 4th Premier League start is incredible.

When I say "on the edge of his ability" I mean his ability right now, not his potential ability. He's undoubtedly going to get better and better as he gets more experience against top opposition. It takes time and exposure to get up to the level of top players, and this was probably just about as tough a game as he could manage at this point in his development.

I think he'll start most of the rest of the season in the league and against Arsenal, and we'll see where he is then going into the Champions League. That might be a level too high for him this season, but I think he'll be a perfectly good 3rd choice CB next year if we get someone like Koulibaly who's a proper equal first choice with Laporte.
It was a brilliant test for him tonight against top quality forwards with very good movement. He played very well, not faultless but he seems unflappable which is big a quality as any

Fucking hell Simon you are now bollocking me for missing one post where you praised Mendy; Sherlock fucking Holmes and Hercules Poirot would struggle to find evidence of you praising Mendy

I suggest before having a go you get the full facts then next time

if people stick to talking about the game and challenging peoples opinions in the correct manner then there wouldnt be a problem. I have no problem if you disagree with my opinion on players/games/refs decisions etc - infact I welcome open intelligent debate as thats the way we learn but some people on here just cant do that.

Klopp's a winner, there's no getting away from it and you want a manager that's irritated in defeat. Pep's the same. I wanted a reaction tonight and I wanted City to be up for it. They didn't disappoint. Klopp wasn't far wrong they could've had 2 or 3 for sure - I'd be more concerned that we could've had 7 or 8. Great win tonight. The City Liverpool fixture is by far the best premier league fixture of the last few seasons. No other fixture comes close for quality and drama for me.

I actually rarely post in the match day thread - i did tonight but its rare as Im usually watching the game so again you are wrong.

Liverpool had 3-4 chances before we scored (including hitting the post) - that had nothing to do with unlukcy - it was to do with mistakes by our players - the very ones i pointed out before the match. go and re watch it and you will see.

I understand some fans cannot take even the slightest bit of criticism or opinion that may make it look like we aint perfect but in the first 20 mins we got away with it on a number of occasions and if you cant see that (or wont) then thats your problem. This isnt negative its just a fact.

I agree we also created a lot of chances - it could have been 6-7 tonight with one being cleared off the line as it was going in and one good goal disallowed by the most ridiculous interpritation of the handball rule (that also funnily happened to spurs as well this evening)

The point that maybe either Im not making very well or people are missing is that when we play Liverpool (and a couple of other similar teams) we have come undone before cause of the points I made before the game - tonight that happened again BUT we got a way with it down to some good keeping, poor finishing/first touches and the post also saving us. Previously Liverpool have been lethal in those situations and they have punished us. We always create chances BUT if they had scored first (like in the past) it could have been a very different game. As i said in a differnt post, if you weather the first 20-25 mins against liverpool then they usually slack of a little in their pressing and you have a much better chance - and tonight that happened

You are an utter muppet simon. Doom and fucking gloom. Singling out the players you don’t like for your usual criticism, as fucking despicable as it is predictable. We just smashed the champions 4 0 and you make it sound like we were lucky. You are alarmingly despondent and I actually feel sorry for you

Well said BBS, he always posts the same drivel and still making out liverpool were unlucky as they had a few chances, and briefly mentioning we could of scored more but still sounding gutted we won.

Just another very strange City fan who is only too happy to call certain players shít even when their performance says otherwise and they just hammered a very good team.

But remember it’s not negative it’s fact.

We were wonderful going forward and beating a team 4-0 just after they’ve been crowned champions is a wonderful thing.

Klopp saying it could have been 5-3 is right though. It wasn’t one of those games where we didn’t concede chances, we conceded plenty, we just created more and took a lot more than they did.

Its happened in a few games against them, one team takes all their chances, the other takes none but the balance of play up to one or two nil is pretty level, one team then has to start chasing it and the other rips them apart.

The more obvious thing to me was every single one of their chances came from a long pass or ball over our defence. It was allardyce football. For us, it’s not just the chances we create, it’s the way we do it - it’s incomparable in terms of the movement and passing.
You are right that their one tactic is the long ball over the top, and it is indeed poor to watch

Just curious why did Pep rest B.Silva today? I adoreeee this guy, he should have started the match.

Who would you have dropped from the starting XI tonight to play him for? The only one of the front 6 i’d maybe be critical of would be Rodri, but not sure B.Silva would be a like swap there.

Cheeky twats. Not one of their players even made eye contact with one of ours. Utterly fucking classless like the vermin that support them

I missed all that as couldnt get my stream working - what are the crying about now - another perceived injustce I guess? I dont have twatter thankfully so never see most of this type of thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.