#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Special footballer ,

As soon as a saw him starting tonight I knew he’d score.

Had 2-1 city and him to score anytime which ruined my bet but he is something else

Next season.

The reason they don't play in the midfield together too often this season is because of the current balance.

Kevin is also starting to play a deeper role a bit more often now.
Our midfield is not going to work the same as with David.

The current situation of our team just makes it easier to start Foden in the wide areas instead of starting him in midfield.

As Pep said: Foden is a midfield player & he will replace David Silva next season.
As I said I personally am unsure, but I'll have no issue admitting you were right if this comes to fruition.

Couldn’t be more impressed with the lad tbh, we’ve had so many ‘this lad is the next ______’ over the years and they generally don’t materialize into much (of a City career anyway).

But this lad....he’s the next Phil Foden, and fuck me he’s mustard.

Really starting to get the praise and recognition he deserves. An absolute superstar in the making. I said last week he would for sure be in the squad for the Euros. At this rate, he's going to be the first name on the teamsheet.

I was interested in Pep's response to questions about Phil's development. Based on what's emerging now, at 20, spot on!

I don't think there is much between Foden and Sancho now. Foden is more versatile though as he can play on the wings, behind the CF and in midfield. Higher ceiling than Sancho, imo.

He is that once in a generation 20 goals a season midfielder.

Fears nothing and gets more confident and better with each and every game.

I absolutely love how versatile Foden has become. A while back we probably couldn’t have imagined him playing on the wings, but he looks at home there. You then remind yourself that even David Silva started as a ‘winger’. Foden will gravitate towards the centre as his career progresses, but right now, the extra space he has starting out wide is going to be good for him.

I can’t get over how good he is though. He’s England’s best midfielder already. It’s not just his goals and assists, it’s the way he moves with the ball, the way it’s glued to him, the already trademark ‘Foden shimmy’ where he plays the ball quickly with his left onto his right foot to evade a challenge, the way he receives the ball, his awareness and vision. He’s a superstar in the making. Truly world class potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.