Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully next season with a fit Laporte and a reliable CB next to him (whoever that may be), we'll really see the best of Rodri.

This season our issues all over have somewhat forced him to defend more and in ways he's not familiar with, in a team where individual defending is very tough at times.

Am very surprised that Rodri is being largely ignored tonight. I thought he had an excellent game.

I thought he was meh again. He might be the slowest thing on the planet on two legs. He is clearly used to getting the ball off the CBs in Spain and having all the time in the world to turn, look up, play it simple, rinse and repeat. You dont get that time against teams like Liverpool and in the 1st half especially he kept getting into bother.

Some players next season need to step up a level, Rodri about 5 levels.

Still reminds me of Javi Garcia. Going further back to the late 80s he could be another Gary Megson as he was always getting caught on the ball and he couldn’t move his feet fast enough like Rodri.

I normally give players especially foreign ones with no experience of the PL a year to settle in before forming a true opinion on them.

However I just cannot see Rodri getting better, he’s a good squad player to comfortably stroll by against Burnley, Newcastle and Norwich at home but against better teams he’s poor especially when they get round him.

Same can be said for Gundogan as well, we’ve really missed Fernandinho in the middle this year, his ability to receive the ball under pressure and quickly distribute it before he even gets it, something Rodri and Gundogan don’t have.

Same can be said for Gundogan as well, we’ve really missed Fernandinho in the middle this year, his ability to receive the ball under pressure and quickly distribute it before he even gets it, something Rodri and Gundogan don’t have.

I'm not sure that's ever been a major strong point of Fernandinho's. To his credit he's come on leaps and bounds since Pep arrived but he's never really been a high level metronome. Not more than Gundogan that's for sure.

It's the rest of his game that have made him vital over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.