Liverpool (H) Post-Match Thread

Well I enjoyed that, a lot! Felt nice to pull their pants down and stop them getting carried away. Already, we are back in the headlines rather than their "incredible" season.

Got away with a lot of poor play, particularly from Gundogan who was fucking awful! Countless times he just passed the ball straight to them. But a good test and in the CL there aren't any teams who will press quite like that and yet we were still dominant last night. Good signs! Hopefully we retain that determination and go and win another treble. How the dippers will be seething if we do.

Just seen the disallowed goal on the official site, what a complete load of nonsense the VAR operators got that wrong. How the hell could Foden avoid the ball when he had been upended by an opponent, they had better get this rule sorted out ASAP or non off us will be returning when things get back to normal.

Whatever happened to common sense.

This
The thing I dont get is 9 times out of 10 if a player is goes over and grabs the ball the ref gives a foul
There was obviously a foul on foden in the build up and the ref has done well to give advantage.
The goal is scored and they spot the handball by foden. I know it's a shit rule but that's what they have been told to do.
So in theroy no advantage so why dont they give us a free kick? And it was exactly the same with kane's disallowed goal yesterday as well

Agree 100%. Doesn't mean we weren't great overall, but we certainly got away with some slack play early on.
Dippers have been going hard for 25 for a few years under klopp. Get to that point nil nil you will have a chance.

It was a smart tactical move by Pep to nullify their fullbacks. Mendy did a great job pushing Trent Alexander up the field (backed up by Rodri covering behind him). Meanwhile Foden just destroyed Robertson, ripped him to shreds. I rate Robertson as one of the best left backs in the world so that was fantastic by Phil. As usual the commentary team missed this point all together by suggesting that Robertson was off his game. Klopp knew what happened though. If you stop their fullbacks you stop Liverpool.
Is there a more stupid commentator than Martin Tyler? He can't read a game and just prattles on from his notes. He only mentioned the Mane sending off twice last night whch was less than the five times he mentioned it in the previous game.
I'm amazed you don't realise the brutal way Eddy went in and got decapitated by Mane's innocent airborne studs was responsible for traumatising the whole Liverpool team.

Just seen the disallowed goal on the official site, what a complete load of nonsense the VAR operators got that wrong. How the hell could Foden avoid the ball when he had been upended by an opponent, they had better get this rule sorted out ASAP or non off us will be returning when things get back to normal.

Whatever happened to common sense.

To be fair they didn’t get it wrong it’s just that new handball rule is one of the worst changes they’ve ever come up with. So many perfectly good goals disallowed because of it. Great for the game to have less goals.Idiots

That guard of honour was superb. All in different coloured tops, bibs and training jackets, we were unrecognisable as City for the photos that will inevitably be in all the papers.
And watch the effort Ederson puts in. Brilliant.
And then we rip 'em a new one.
One season wonders. Second season syndrome next season for them and we'll be back on 'our perch'.

yep, i have to echo above, VAR actually got the decision right for the 5th goal - it's the RULE which is horribly wrong. Ridiculous.

well done City, superb. Attacking masterclass. I stand with Pep - they had no beer in their veins, they were just tonked.

(Just gonna say it quickly and quietly so nobody notices - how the fuck did they not score???!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.