Liverpool (H) Post-Match Thread

This
The thing I dont get is 9 times out of 10 if a player is goes over and grabs the ball the ref gives a foul
There was obviously a foul on foden in the build up and the ref has done well to give advantage.
The goal is scored and they spot the handball by foden. I know it's a shit rule but that's what they have been told to do.
So in theroy no advantage so why dont they give us a free kick? And it was exactly the same with kane's disallowed goal yesterday as well

And surely any advantage would include the inadvertent handball caused by the foul or are they saying the referee would have given a free kick for the handball despite it being the result of foul play?

The whole thing is bizarre.

I really enjoyed that. It was a strange game though. I was pretty concerned first 20 minutes when they seemed to do us with every long ball. Then we settled and pretty much bossed it for the remaining 70 minutes. It’s truly could have been an 8-2 scoreline or something like that. We missed so many good chances whilst they might have scored a couple.
Highlights for me were Bernie ‘disrespecting the dippers’, Phil’s goal, the performance of Stirling, KDB and Mendy and finally Klipperty’s post match interview. He was so pissed it was hilarious.

I thought Garcia showed his inexperience and Mane did him a couple of times too easily. I am a big Gabby fan but he was poor last night and I do have serious reservations that he will ever be good enough to be a bona fide replacement for Kun. Kevin and Phil were ridiculously good.

Just seen the disallowed goal on the official site, what a complete load of nonsense the VAR operators got that wrong. How the hell could Foden avoid the ball when he had been upended by an opponent, they had better get this rule sorted out ASAP or non off us will be returning when things get back to normal.

Whatever happened to common sense.

Ok, just so everyone is clear....(this isn't aimed at you Gray, its just i've seen it in a few places)

When it comes to "attacking" hand balls that either directly leads to a goal (going straight off the arm like Wolves away or Spurs CL last season) or leads to a goal scoring chance that is then scored (like Mahrez & Kane last night), the law as it stands is black & white, no common sense, no spirit of the game, no referees interpretation, you either touched it with your hand or you didn't. It doesn't matter if you fall over & didn't mean to touch it or the defender boots against you. its like offside, you're either offside or your not (in terms of the lines, i get interfering with play is subjective

Also the law wasn't brought in because of VAR, the law was being looked at way before VAR was implemented in the PL, it just so happened the both came into force at the same time which is highlighting these more

Not saying i agree with it or that it's correct, but as it stands the VAR applied the law correctly, just like they did for the Laporte handball against Spurs at the season, whether we like it or not (Yes there will have been times VAR have probably not enforced the law correctly, i'm not here to defend that)

Next season the handball rules changes that the top part of the arm no longer counts (can't remember exactly how far down they've said, about half way between the elbow & shoulder i think)

I think the rule changed with the best intention to stop goals being scored with the hand/arm to try and rule any grey areas over intentional or not. I think they've probably gone too far but the law makers & Collina (Fifa head of refs) have said there is no desire to change it.

Just seen the disallowed goal on the official site, what a complete load of nonsense the VAR operators got that wrong. How the hell could Foden avoid the ball when he had been upended by an opponent, they had better get this rule sorted out ASAP or non off us will be returning when things get back to normal.

Whatever happened to common sense.
Common sense would not have got Livarpool as far ahead so early in the season, so it had to be eradicated. I guess we will know early next season who is the chosen team for that campaign

Ok, just so everyone is clear....(this isn't aimed at you Gray, its just i've seen it in a few places)

When it comes to "attacking" hand balls that either directly leads to a goal (going straight off the arm like Wolves away or Spurs CL last season) or leads to a goal scoring chance that is then scored (like Mahrez & Kane last night), the law as it stands is black & white, no common sense, no spirit of the game, no referees interpretation, you either touched it with your hand or you didn't. It doesn't matter if you fall over & didn't mean to touch it or the defender boots against you. its like offside, you're either offside or your not (in terms of the lines, i get interfering with play is subjective

Also the law wasn't brought in because of VAR, the law was being looked at way before VAR was implemented in the PL, it just so happened the both came into force at the same time which is highlighting these more

Not saying i agree with it or that it's correct, but as it stands the VAR applied the law correctly, just like they did for the Laporte handball against Spurs at the season, whether we like it or not (Yes there will have been times VAR have probably not enforced the law correctly, i'm not here to defend that)

Next season the handball rules changes that the top part of the arm no longer counts (can't remember exactly how far down they've said, about half way between the elbow & shoulder i think)

I think the rule changed with the best intention to stop goals being scored with the hand/arm to try and rule any grey areas over intentional or not. I think they've probably gone too far but the law makers & Collina (Fifa head of refs) have said there is no desire to change it.

I think the point is what is the logic if the handball was a result of foul play for which the referee has played the advantage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.