Thank You and Good Luck Leroy | Signs for Bayern

All the best Leroy. Loved watching you in a City shirt and absolutely gutted I wont get to see it again.

We have lost a gem and for a fraction of what he was worth 12 months ago.

Not being an arse here,but.........have you not, like 50k of us have on a matchday,seen him slump shoulders and sulk quite often ?
No more than any other player, no. Myths get perpetuated and people pin things on the myth.

Leroy is just a straight faced fella. I notice that because I’m the same. Not a big smiler me, so people think I’m miserable and then are surprised when they speak to me that I’m not.

Leroy has always spoken really well when interviewed. Seems like a really nice, mature lad but quite calm and straight.

Apart from Burnley away when Leroy really did see his arse with Zinchenko and Laporte for three shit passes in a row to him that went out of play, I wouldn’t say Leroy sulked anymore than any other footballer does.

Kevin de Bruyne sulks more than any player in our squad when players don’t pass the ball to him where he wants it or misplace the pass so it doesn’t even get to him. Yet nobody ever talks about that. Because, really, it’s not a problem. But he does do it a lot.

I think Leroy has confidence issues, not attitude ones.

There was an interview with Kyle Walker on FiveLive two years ago when he said when Leroy first came he barely got past him in training, but after a few weeks he was getting the better of Kyle regularly. He said his skill levels shot up very quickly. Kyle said; “if he just believed in himself, he could be anything he wanted to”. Implying that maybe Leroy doesn’t believe in himself.

Also when he was dropped from the Germany WC squad I think it dented his confidence massively. He had a superb season for us and then didn’t get picked for Germany and it took him four months to get over it. Everyone said he was sulking about it, I think his confidence went.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.