Liverpool (H) Post-Match Thread

Just watched it again.
That's hilarious. He looks like he's just finished the night shift at Asda, doesn't bother clapping at all and wonders off whilst they're still coming out.
Love Bernardo
And why should he like it, he should absolutely hate having to do it as should they all. Fuck the respect I don’t care who it is, yes lose graciously but don’t fawn over it. Like Ferguson said to the scum in 2012, remember this feeling and don’t let it happen again, hopefully kick a few up the arse and we push on new to win the fa cu0 and CL, then get that trophy back.

Ok, just so everyone is clear....(this isn't aimed at you Gray, its just i've seen it in a few places)

When it comes to "attacking" hand balls that either directly leads to a goal (going straight off the arm like Wolves away or Spurs CL last season) or leads to a goal scoring chance that is then scored (like Mahrez & Kane last night), the law as it stands is black & white, no common sense, no spirit of the game, no referees interpretation, you either touched it with your hand or you didn't. It doesn't matter if you fall over & didn't mean to touch it or the defender boots against you. its like offside, you're either offside or your not (in terms of the lines, i get interfering with play is subjective

Also the law wasn't brought in because of VAR, the law was being looked at way before VAR was implemented in the PL, it just so happened the both came into force at the same time which is highlighting these more

Not saying i agree with it or that it's correct, but as it stands the VAR applied the law correctly, just like they did for the Laporte handball against Spurs at the season, whether we like it or not (Yes there will have been times VAR have probably not enforced the law correctly, i'm not here to defend that)

Next season the handball rules changes that the top part of the arm no longer counts (can't remember exactly how far down they've said, about half way between the elbow & shoulder i think)

I think the rule changed with the best intention to stop goals being scored with the hand/arm to try and rule any grey areas over intentional or not. I think they've probably gone too far but the law makers & Collina (Fifa head of refs) have said there is no desire to change it.
I'm sure you're right, but the rule is nonsense. Simple rules and a bit of common required. Foden's 'handball' was accidental and made no difference. Good ref says Goal.
Rule should be: Accidental, play on. Deliberate, free kick or pen and card. Same at both ends. Ref's opinion is final and he may check var screen, if he wishes, to arrive at it. Var should stop making decisions, thus usurping the ref, and just be an aid.

Last edited:
I think the rule changed with the best intention to stop goals being scored with the hand/arm to try and rule any grey areas over intentional or not. I think they've probably gone too far but the law makers & Collina (Fifa head of refs) have said there is no desire to change it.
Yes you are correct in all you say but an accidental handball near the halfway line that results in a goal being chalked off is just daft. Let the onfield referee take a look as such incidents and make the final decision based on common sense and bugger the Laws of the Game.

Yes you are correct in all you say but an accidental handball near the halfway line that results in a goal being chalked off is just daft. Let the onfield referee take a look as such incidents and make the final decision based on common sense and bugger the Laws of the Game.

i think the tackle on foden changes the handball and was a foul ? so VAR should have looked at the whole picture and not just the ball hitting the arm and the goal should have stood with advantage being played

Was very happy with the win last night, just shows that we are far better than them. The issue for us has been consistency - we should not be this many points behind these twats. I refused to watch the guard of honour so switched on after that was done. I still thought we were sloppy at times and gave them too many chances but some of our attacking was unreal. We continually opened them up.

I felt from Peps press conference, he was inviting the press from them to try and then play out with 1 touch football to open up the spaces. Think Gabby just needs 1 goal doesn't matter how to get him going.

The commentators just annoyed me no end. Liverpool as good as they have been are still a long ball team. Fuck em

I think we know who that will be already!
Yep the scum. The media are already building the story and the momentum for the scum to make huge steps towards the title next season, the prem will want to get them up there with the dippers, so VAR will be transfered to scum full time for next season .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.