The death of VAR

In my view VAR is to Football what speed cameras are to roads. Invented with the best of intentions but hijacked for a different purpose, in football's case it's been hijacked to influence results of matches in favour of certain clubs. (Dippers, rags, spuds and to a lesser extent Chelsea) How many times this season have the dippers been gifted matches by very generous folks at Stockley Park when compared to City and Sheff Utd for example? I for one would like to see the back of it and much prefer watching lower division games free from VAR.

So the player didnt mean to score with his hand ?
Don't know the incident to which you refer
The "arm out " rule would stay
for pens etc
Yes there maybe an anomaly eg Llorentes goal in CL
Perhaps "a goal cannot be awarded if hand is used directly to contribute to scoring of goal"
My point really is what goes on outside the box should be easy to rectify
We need some semblance of common sense to return re handballs but hey I'm just a punter who had that wonderful 5th goal ruined by a joke...

A bit of wishful thinking. This round of mid-week fixtures has seen so many poor VAR decisions surely it is the death knell of this awful process? I know I can be accused of bias for calling out the Mahrez non-goal but bias is far from the truth when it comes to Spuds. I hate them and they need to feel at least two really bad VAR calls in two big games to feel the pain we have had recently against them. But in all fairness how can Kane's goal be ruled out for handball? Then Moyes has reason to feel hard done by in terms of VAR v Chelski. Enough is enough surely? Please!
At least Spurs have had the benefit of VAR multiple times in key moments, I can’t say we ever had. Those twats deserve the bad luck, ours is just yet another scoop of dog shit to add to the mountain of shit we’ve accumulated over the past 2 seasons with VAR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.