Liverpool (H) Post-Match Thread

Agree 100%. Doesn't mean we weren't great overall, but we certainly got away with some slack play early on.

I think we played very well after that first section of the match (it may have coincided with the water break where Pep was seen talking to the whole team where previously he talks to individuals) - but whatever happened we certainly upped our game after that initial period and were deserved winners - it could have and should have been more (and thats not including the one that was ridiculously ruled out)

I stand to be corrected but my memory of the game tells me the only opportunities that came Liverpools way were created by our mistakes. Our passing was very sloppy at times.

Yep, all of our own making. They certainly didn't cut through us playing intricate passing football.

i think the tackle on foden changes the handball and was a foul ? so VAR should have looked at the whole picture and not just the ball hitting the arm and the goal should have stood with advantage being played
Exactly. The process should have been ( and the same for Kane's disallowed goal)
1. Did the ball touch an attacking team player's hand/arm - yes
2. Was that as a result of foul play - yes so not handball
3. Should a free kick have been awarded or should advantage have been played - attacking team scored so advantage correct decision by the referee.
4. Goal stands.

Anywhere I can watch the highlights? Broke my arm Tuesday night and painkillers I’m on making me drowsy as fuck so missed the game after falling asleep last night just before kickoff.

Exactly. The process should have been ( and the same for Kane's disallowed goal)
1. Did the ball touch an attacking team player's hand/arm - yes
2. Was that as a result of foul play - yes so not handball
3. Should a free kick have been awarded or should advantage have been played - attacking team scored so advantage correct decision by the referee.
4. Goal stands.

This VAR handball rule essentially allows a player to grab an opposing team player's arm and whack the ball with it and gain a free kick as a result. Madness!

The game vs Arsenal is possible they can drop pts. The commenter talking about Liverpool "away" game scoring drought. Dippers hasn't score in an away game in the last 5 games. And the vs. Arsenal is an away game. So who knows.
But with an empty standium, I don't think it matter much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.