Liverpool (H) Post-Match Thread

Last edited:
Yep and the even smaller man falling out with everyone cos he covets attention, on an Internet forum

I covert no attention at all - again far from - I just love discussing football as I love the game and city in particular (as previously stated a fan since i was 4-5 yrs old). Im more than open to reasonable debate (its healthy) and I dont mind at all being wrong. But I will also stand up and and back myself when people have a go. You will also find others hold similar opinions and concerns about the same players as I do (and they also shared them pre match).

My initial points in the pre match thread were correct and it showed int he first 20-25 mins (Whenever the water break happened) - after that and just before the first goal we started to get a grip of the game and then quite quickly after that started to dominate them.
But anyone who cant conceed that the players I pointed out pre match are a liability and again very nearly cost us last night are not watching the same game - Gundogan gave the ball away 3 times at least in dangerous areas and each time it resulted in a very good chance for Liverpool (previously those chances have been taken and we end up chasing the game - something you dont want to do against them as it plays into their hands). He also did it in the second half when he failed to collect a pass from Ederson as he was on his heels and didnt react quick enough which resulted in another chance for Liverpool. Mendy was also terrible in the first 20 mins and made at least one error (plus giving the ball away numerous times) which presented Mane with a chance which he usually takes easily but he scuffed his shot and Ederson managed to recover and make a second save. After that he improved and his attacking passes were the best Ive seen from him since his return (again ive mentioned this previously about him) - but he remains a defensive issue and other players spend a lot of time covering for him (noteably Rodri and Laporte) as he is particularly slow to recover (though again on one occasion he did do a recovery run that actually stoped an attac and i thought to myself - there is the player that we need...but later on he again failed to do it. There is a huge need for more consistency in his game

None of that is negative - its just facts from the game and the only reason I repeat it is because people keep having a go about the pre match comments which I absolutely stand by and was proved correct about.

I loved the fact that we beat them. I just wish Sterling in particular could have celebrated in front of their fans as It would have matched the vitriol from their fans as the Adeybayour (Sp?) moment vs Arsenal (though he wouldnt have had to run the full length of the field to do it) and they would have just been incensed cause they think they have a god given right to be that way.

I loved Foden's performance - not one to use a cliche but he came of age last night and showed the world what most city fans knew already -he now just needs a run of games to get him used to the constant demands (physical and mental) of first team football - he needs to experience some bad moments and moments of frustration as well.

I loved watching the best midfielder in the premiership put that overrated carthorse Henderson on his arse in the second half.

I loved watching Klopp fume a the end and the presenters trying to make excuses for Liverpools performance while all but a few were ignoring how we played (which in fairness to Klopp he also acknowledged but through gritted teeth)

Great result, chaotic game.

Missed chances, shambolic defending, superb pure football,great finishing, wonderful technique, Gomez & Robertson, fucking VAR, Klipperty’s arse.

We could’ve scored 7 or eight, they might’ve got a couple or so.

Brilliant entertainment.

Pep was like a Wilmslow Cat that’s got the double whipped.....does he know something we don’t ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.