Thank You and Good Luck Leroy | Signs for Bayern

Wonder if he’s gonna get another tattoo of himself to mark the occasion.

He obviously didn't like Peps rotation system , but when a marauding Mendy made a left winger surplus to requirements , I think it was the last straw. Unfortunately for us , marauding Mendy was very short lived, due to injury, and we have now lost a fantastic,goal scoring, winger as well.

So Phil will be replacing David and Leroy?
No idea mate. Might be a stretch ;-)
You say it like it could have been avoided. I'm not at all sure it could.

Great thread. Lovely to see such mostly generous judgements. In this, as in our football last night, we emphasise the difference between ourselves and the dippers with their cultish, embittered fanbase.
I've said it in the past. On his day, he excited me like no other player in the squad. I'll follow his career with interest. He'll do o.k., we'll do o.k.

A talented player who gave us some great moments on the pitch. Sad that the injury curtailed his career with us (or prevented an earlier move away) but these things happen. We all pretty much hate the German Rags so can't wish him luck in the future but he's not bad-mouthed anyone at the club and as long as this continues he will have my thanks for what he did when he was here.

One of our players who always had a similar vibe to SWP when he got the ball. You kinda knew something special could happen and usually it did. All the best, Leroy.

All the best Leroy, thanks for so many happy memories, in my minds eye I’ll always have a picture of you surging through to put us 2-0 up at OT
In Germany, top sides may play six intense games a season. There’s only 34 games played in the Bundesliga and after about the fourth or fifth team in the league, the quality is quite average. Mid table to bottom half Prem teams buy players from CL German sides. Look at Newcastle and West Ham buying CL level German teams’ strikers recently. Who’ve both turned out to be bang average Prem players.

Plus there’s a lot less packed defences to get through over there, it’s a more open style of football. Whereas in the Prem you have to try and break teams down in every game.

Also the atmospheres here are very involved in the game. We react to every pass in the game, we are enthralled in the game. It’s intense in a way that every detail of the game is scrutinised and comes across in the atmosphere. Whereas in Germany the teams could be all sat down in the centre circle playing a game of cards and the crowd wouldn’t even notice because they just prance about to a drum beat and shout a load of songs with no words, taking no notice of what’s going on on the pitch.

Plus, as you say, Pep is very intense. I can’t remember which Barça player said it but when he left them, one of them said that it was the right time because he was so intense he probably couldn’t keep it going - (which is why this Coronavirus break might have been a selfish blessing for City in that it gave Pep a break from football which he wouldn’t have normally had, obviously not downplaying the lives that have been lost, including Pep’s own Mother!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame to see him go but he's a German national team player and the biggest team in Germany came knocking, and theyve paid him more than we were. He doesn't owe us anything so it's probably a no brainer for him.

Don't understand the weird hatred and name calling of him by some of our fans. Thanks for the 4 years he's played here and good luck at Bayern, just not if he plays against us!

May I ask, was it Leroy want to leave, or was it more like MCFC decide to sale him? I don't follow the story much so I wasn't sure of what the main reason why he decided to leave. I heard something about he (or his dad) want higher wages?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.